Bicyclemania 8, May 29th 2011

sounds good chris, funds permitting.

i am happy that i can do 40 miles offroad, its just the time commitment that would necessitate, sunday being my only day off work and i am supposed to spend it with rachel.

going to have to get her into riding (carefull andy!)

she loves to ride her cruiser but doesnt push herself, which is fair enough i suppose

Is it allowed to do this as a sponsored event (not sure what the rules are for this kind of thing) as it would be good to do this to raise funds to repair the swimming pool at my daugters primary school.

I'd need to do some work on my fitness first though :oops:

Don't you just love it when things aline....sounds like an awesome event and it's my weekend off! Let me tempt Jango to join in :D (I'll twist his arm as my 'new' retro bike needs a good run in for MM) :LOL:

AR-CoolC":35yzq7p6 said:
Is it allowed to do this as a sponsored event (not sure what the rules are for this kind of thing) as it would be good to do this to raise funds to repair the swimming pool at my daughters primary school.

I'd need to do some work on my fitness first though :oops:
I see no issues with doing it as a sponsored ride, I will double check with the organiser though just to be sure.

It's looking more unlikely I am going to make the national series FOD meet so this may be a good alternative. Have the ideal bike for long steady off-road rides too. Nice flexy steel frames make a big difference on marathon events.

EDIT: Can now do the FOD so this one will be a ride too many as far as SWMBO is concerned.

Nice to here from you :)

I'm hoping to still make this, Olivers just been invited to a birthday that day...
So need to palm off the other one first.

Good to see you back AK :cool:

I'm undecided as to the 20 or 40 mile route, I am leaning towards the 20 miler though...

:D Yeah - sorry not been in the loop. Certainly not due to lack of biking, just not of the retro variety and the retro bike just refuses to work in anything but the driest conditions for some reason - it just all jams up and I get chain suck galore.
If I dont fall of McMoab at Kirroughtree this weekend coming I will be there :LOL: but defo 20 miles as an enjoyment rather than a slog for me. Of course if its wet then modern will prevail.
Be good to see you guys again, just so I can remind you of the last hill as we go round :LOL:

Back