what other retro project have you

Retro Wheels - Variations on the Theme!

Yo,

I run a selection of lime green two wheeled beasties on a retro theme - a '90 ZXR400 and a ZXR 1200 Eddie Lawson rep.

On the four wheeled front I have a venerable '73 SAAB 96 V4 called 'Norman'...

What's the opposite of 'oneupmanship'...?? :? :cool:

Neil

Attachments

• Fast Eddie s.JPG
    Fast Eddie s.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,691
  • Norman.JPG
    Norman.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 3,691
  • Odd Couple.JPG
    Odd Couple.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 3,691
WOW, SAAB 96... that's Coool :shock:

You like?:

saabo4800.jpg

Almost bought this one last summer. It was in Sweden. Got crowns and already had the engine started, but before hitting the road I requested a few more very detail pics. With a few experts I than concluded I shouldn't do it. Bummer of course, as it looks delicious. It is a '67 V4 with the low front window. The tiny motorhome was for sale too. It is a Saabo. Only 30 of those made.

- Melvin
the S :cool: B man

Is it not a SAAB 93? Either way, I would love one of those!!

I think they did an estate called an 95? A far cry from the 9-3 and 9-5!!

No, it isn't a 93. This 96 also has the longer nose to accomodate the Ford V4. I do have many more pics, but unfortunately not at the place where I am now :(

93:

wallpaper_01.jpg

On this years Concours d' Elegance at Paleis Het Loo, on the special ground there was a 93 next to Bugatti 57 Stelvio, Merc SSK and RR Silver Ghost and it didn't look odd.

More Swede...

Norman (the 96) and I are off to Le Mans in June - chances of getting there under our own steam 12%; on the back of a transporter 88%.... They say it's better to travel than to arrive!

I still find it hard to believe that SAABs actually competed there (2 stroke 93's back in the Fifties, I think...)

The 95 makes my ideal retro MTB wagon - what else is in the frame for carrying our steeds?

N

Attachments

• swedes rock.jpg
    swedes rock.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,047
  • Perfect MTB wagon.JPG
    Perfect MTB wagon.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 3,047
  • Or Bust!.gif
    Or Bust!.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 3,047
DOH DOH DOH DOH.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was going to Le Mans this year after a 5 year break but had to change plans after lack of work.
Will have a complete package (Ferry,Camp,Admission Ticket) for sale when they arrive from the ACO..

Back