Am I the only one who cares this much?

cherrybomb":1292rfre said:
Yup.

Two X 5mm

DSCN2255.jpg

That is a lovely bike BTW. I always hankered after one, it was a toss up between a Pace and a Zaskar.

The GT won 'cos of durability worries. Still think they are one of the coolest Alloy frames around though :cool:

Did it also win 'cos it was less than half the price...?!

Nope.

Won 'cos I'd not heard of any failures. ;)

I'd seen three or four broken Pace frames in the few months running up to my decision.

I REALLY wanted to buy the pace, but it just didn't make sense so the Zaskar LE won.

Anyway, it certailnly wan't half the price, but it did save me a few hundred quid which sweetened the decision. :D

X-Lite spacers would be very cool indeed. I only need one though. PM me details and I'll get on it.

I have the Hope head doctor in, which is also blue grey ano.

Why don't some people like the head doctor? A much better idea than the star fangled washer! Never used one before and am rather impressed! Also once the headset is tight I suppose you could remove it all together, which would look great on a weight weenie.

"Nicole, Pay pal" Say it in a french accent, it works! ;)

you have PM ;)

The headset thang I've got is the X-Lite one, Very much like the head doctor.

Never fitted it though, it won't go in the alloy steerer on the RC36! :roll:
It's been taken apart and used as a very expensive headset cap though. :D

Young 'sticklegs' nice peace of British you have their ;) Nicely put together. looks just :cool:

Wu-Tangled":91wxk6tb said:
your pace always makes me want mine back. :cry:

Mine is in storage, makes me want to get it out, clean it and post up some pix here....it's a lovely bike, not quite as 'perfect' as this one though...

Back