Sussex Mini Meet - Sat 17th Nov

I'll be riding non-retro as I'll be tail-end charlie and I'm down to two bikes ready for the great move to NZ

Anthony":14zijndf said:
I don't get this. If you guys don't ride your retro bikes on a RetroBike ride, when *do* you ride your retro bikes?

I'm assuming that non-retro is allowed, just to be sociable and so on, but non-retro riders buy all the drinks etc, that right?

Anthony - Absolutely. Spot on.

Er...I never ride my retro bike - it's a garage queen. LOL. Retro is a state of mind anyway. SO the new ish bike is retro in my book.
:D

Guy - yes you ARE coming down. Nice one. Wanna see the P20.

Joe":3p02izab said:
I'll be riding non-retro as I'll be tail-end charlie and I'm down to two bikes ready for the great move to NZ

i think you should ride your retro bike and include the extra cycle midriff... :D

kona kid":3da2cj54 said:
I'm be a maybe for this - v.keen to get the P20 out andd this could be a good incentive!
I want to see a P-20. never seen one. The nearist i've got to that are Ritchey forks :)

Retro or modern - just be nice to get RB'ers together on two wheels.

Obviously retro will be respected more and way cooler when we bump into modern 5 inch brigade on the downs though.

Wu, what are the downs and that part of the country like for riding? Smooth or bumpy? Big on dh? Rolling?
Never been there much, would be intersted to know. Never ridden chalk either. Do you end up with nice white tyres?

gump":3poou4zl said:
Wu, what are the downs and that part of the country like for riding? Smooth or bumpy? Big on dh? Rolling?
Never been there much, would be intersted to know. Never ridden chalk either. Do you end up with nice white tyres?

There's a bit of all of it!

and if the conditions are right then you can end up with white tyres

I personally find the Soth Downs Way kind of boring (open, tough going chalk sections - often long and slow - sometimes long and fast tho).

But if you punctuate a ride with detours off and back on here and there it's quite varied. Chalk is lovely in the summer, so warm and bright. Lovely to stop and sit for a min and take it all in.

Back