Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel SE

Yeah this one is very interesting... I think a few of us are going to be following this thread.

best thing about this forum is the diversity we get.

looking forward to seeing it all done....if you're like me you start thinking down one avenue....deliberate...go off on another tangent...few people chip in and you get torn...

Im sad, I start dreaming up specs n bits in my sleep

I bet you I'm not alone though...velo nutters

Nice frameset any way -

Dang it....I am starting to think that 2011 Chorus is the only way to go here!

So far the big sell off has been mtb parts and my winter camping/ mountaineering gear. I'm not asking for offers or PMs --this stuff won't likely be up on the docket until a few months from now-- but I think I need to make a cull in order to get this iron horse on the road.

So, gentlemen, to kick to the curb?---yeah or nay!?

--3Rensho Super Record Export either complete or with the Superbe bits parted out
--Brave Warrior
--Casati frame/fork
--a Barracuda and Centurion and some other randoms
--a Fat??! (perish the thought)
--some camera/video gear I haven't been using much lately

Hmm... or I could just save up longer. I am getting sort of antsy though now that the weather is (slowly) getting warmer....yeesh....

I can see the itching to get this one built up (I'm itching to see it!) and if it were me I'd sell off the video/camera stuff before any bike related bits. But from your bike list the 3Rensho would be the last to go (but probably realise the most?).

Chorus 11 speed you say? Any thoughts on SRAM Red?

The Campy stuff just looks so much nicer to me. I've been idly checking out SRAM too though. If Ultegra had different looking cranks.....

And yes, you hit the nail on the head with the 3Rensho. But it would be roadie for roadie.....Och!

The Campag stuff does look good but the newer horn shaped Ergo hoods don't look nearly as nice to my eyes as the slightly earlier ones, in fact they tend to put me off (and they should be judged on function rather than form but when fitted to such a nice frame as your IF, and given the expense involved, for me form has to come into it).

I know it steers away from the coherence of a whole groupset, but if the rest of the Ultegra group works for you then what about fitting a non Shimano chainset (I'm not thinking SRAM or Campag, rather a manufacturer that doesn't produce groupsets)?

These things may take time, but here she is with a ti King and a little dog.

IF.jpg

Back