The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

Can I here some love for my Dyna please? Currently undergoing major invasive surgery of the BB shell, and may not pull through... Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
:shock: mines already been culled :cry:

whats to do with the dyna-tech :?:

mrlee":2fm4o2sz said:
whats to do with the dyna-tech :?:

It's as seized as seized can be. Lots of the usual methods scare me too (heat/glue etc), already snapped a BB tool :shock:

It may just cut out eventually though, might even leave some threads if I'm lucky, save having to use one of those funny BBs and not being able to fit the m950 (V1 Octalink) cranks.

Otherwise I'll have three bikes without frames here! :roll:

The polls are closed and the belated Bike of the Ride winners are in:

Lake District - May 2010:
Sinnett177's 1993 Team Raleigh Dyna Tech ~ 7 votes [46%]

Clwydian Ranges - June 2010:
MrK's 1985ish Muddy Fox-before-they-were-Muddy Fox ~ 7 votes [53%]

Rossendale - July 2010:
Sinnett177's 1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega ~ 5 votes [55%]

Macc Forest - October 2010
MrLee's 1992 Kona Fire Mountain ~ 5 votes [45%]

Well done to all the winners whose bikes automatically go forward as candidates for the Bike of the Region 2011.
All except Sinnett's Dyna Tech which already won at Gisburn.

Nice to see that my bikes came last in three of the polls and joint last in the other. Clearly not enough 200GS ridden by me last year.

drystonepaul":i6hl1hkm said:
Nice to see that my bikes came last in three of the polls and joint last in the other. Clearly not enough 200GS ridden by me last year.

Don't worry, it's just that no one wants to look like they're sucking up to teacher ;) :LOL:

drystonepaul":37ywnyoc said:
The polls are closed and the belated Bike of the Ride winners are in:

Lake District - May 2010:
Sinnett177's 1993 Team Raleigh Dyna Tech ~ 7 votes [46%]

Clwydian Ranges - June 2010:
MrK's 1985ish Muddy Fox-before-they-were-Muddy Fox ~ 7 votes [53%]

Rossendale - July 2010:
Sinnett177's 1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega ~ 5 votes [55%]

Macc Forest - October 2010
MrLee's 1992 Kona Fire Mountain ~ 5 votes [45%]

Well done to all the winners whose bikes automatically go forward as candidates for the Bike of the Region 2011.
All except Sinnett's Dyna Tech which already won at Gisburn.

Result, thanks for the votes and thanks also to all who took part.

Mark
3 x BoTR Winner

HarryCrumb is also a three time BoTR winner in 2010. He had three different bikes though...

Full details of the winners here. --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93927

These bikes will go through automatically and then everyone else (including the winners) can submit two (more) bikes for the Bike of the Region 2010 poll.

So Mark you'll get the Ti-Mega and the Dyna Tech included, and you can submit another two bikes.
Martin already has three bikes through automatically so he can add another two though. Potentially five bikes in total for him.

So there will no doubt be a big selection to chose from, but will all those bikes end up being vote splitters...?

Submission thread will go up tonight.

drystonepaul":2c20grye said:
So Mark you'll get the Ti-Mega and the Dyna Tech included, and you can submit another two bikes

Doesn't he get three...?
genesis-croix-de-fer-2010-hybrid-bike.jpg

:p :p :p

I suspect dark forces at work in BotR... again! Can we have a re-count on the Cwydian Ranges poll - it appears one of my bikes has won something. This hasn't happened in all my time here so I suggest to preserve my Ian Callaghan-style record, we adjust the records accordingly.

Mr K

PS. Now I remember - there was only me there... ;)

Back