Six speed clusters to fit Campag hubs

drumnagorrach

Dirt Disciple
Been contacting a few of my bike parts suppliers,and none of them have 6 speed clusters to fit my campag hub. there is a REGINA EXTRA fitted at the moment ,it came with the bike,and like the rest of the bike had been left outside to rust, although I have managed to free it off and it works and hasn't got any play ,it's quite noisy and I can't imagine it lasting .I also find the 24 tooth lowest gear a bit hard on my local hills, and would like a few more teeth,maybe up to 28.
Any one any ideas where I could find such a cluster ?

Plenty of 14-28 6 speed freewheels still available - try ebay - I used a Sunrace for L'Eroica last year

Thanks for the links, found exactly what I needed from SJS,strange thing is, when I rang them to ask, the chap who answered ,didn't think they had any.
Being new to restoring old road bikes ,I didn't know that screw on rear cluster was called a freewheel,but did know that my mtb has a cassett.
I ordered a Shimano 14/28 MF-TZ 20 Hyperglide, I hope that, should I change my gearshift lever to a brake lever mount,it would be compatible ?
Cheers
Lee

FWIW combination brake / shift levers are only available from 7 speed upwards and so getting them to index across 6 gears might require some fettling - a 7 speed freewheel would probably be OK though (even with an 8 speed shifter) - you can often squeeze them in on a frame which is 126mm OLN.

Latest posts

Back