February 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldave":2aidp7ao said:
Mine was my most used bike last year at 2,100 miles. At least that in 2009.

My Kona was my only bike for well over ten tears and now its back from a repaint will be used as much as any other bike of mine, if not more.

I've got nothing against garage queens I just prefer to see bikes that are ridden more than polished.

garage queens

my bike was hammered, used and abused and then left to rot, i refinished it, and have ridden nearly every week day since.....!!!!! they ought to be used. :D

pics of my entry being used can be found on page 7, on the build thread. :cool:

###############################################

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

###############################################

Some good entries thus far. Top resto sinnerman,

Also interesting to see more racks than normal.

sinnett177":3bznzbmx said:
John":3bznzbmx said:
Also interesting to see more racks than normal.
Try the 'eye candy' thread John.
:LOL:

Oh just to add that my KHS gets ragged around on the trails & was recently photographed by jonnyboy666 with a grinning loony on board at round 2 of the Retrobike National Series...

167793_10150176400074762_612249761_8742893_5721396_n.jpg

It looks so minty clean in my first post as I'd literally just finished the build and taken those pictures, there's a full build thread in the link in my signature for those interested in that sort of thing.

tam_shadow":2cbax1u3 said:
Speaking of old skool...how about an Alan Bonds built 1939 Schwinn DX hybrid?

bbird_06052009.jpg

Repack tested, CK approved ;-)

ck-skid.jpg

Build details on Alan's site

Eric you win,

The real Mcoy. What could be better than an Alan Bonds built Klunker than to have an Alan Bonds built klunker being ridden by Chalie Kelley.

A couple of N. California founders that were part of the MTB scene back in a time before Geoff Cleland was even building bicycles. Crazy Americans. Certainly worth doing a google search to learn if you are interested in the history of N. Cali Mtn biking.

Nice history. Thanks for sharing. I know I have blueprinted every part of your blue bike several times in my head as I plan my klunker build.

Cheers,
T

Going to enter this month, maybe I might improve 100% on last time and get two votes.... :D

I like the Klunkers a lot, they just look like so much fun to ride. The blue one with its drum brakes and triumph bars is one of my all time favourites on the site I think.

rimg1756.jpg

rimg1748.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back