'03 Rocky Mountain ETSX-30

mountainloz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i recently had a chance to buy one of these
never thought i'd get to own a rocky mountain, always fancied one.
so when a friend of mine said he had one going cheap i couldnt say no...i did try!
it took just over an hour to strip my Specialized FSR to use it as a donor for components
quite an easy build really
just the brakes to fine tune and the gears to check in daylight tomorrow

there are a couple of cracks in it, one where the BB meets seat tube on the weld
and another on the seat tube/lower pivot weld, i will get these fixed soon
13752237.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2059.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
haha thanks for that, i spotted that too, but that's the part of my frame that's ok, it's the main triangle that has the cracks on
but i got the frame, forks, front brake, rear mech, front mech, a deore chainset/octalink BB, seatpost and clamp for a good price
i've not had it welded yet, but will when i get round to it, i'll post updates when i do :)

nice to see another 2003 year ETSX! :cool:

Hope you get the cracks sorted. I've read that they were somewhat prone to those. Hope to never have any issues with mine. I have a ETSX-70 myself. ;)

i have the details of a welder that has worked on a specialized ground control aim, and a zaskar for a friend (ex aerospace engineer)
so hopefully it should be ok when it gets done

never thought i'd own a rocky mountain, so couldn't turn it down

It's in a box in my spare room at the moment.
It wasn't easy taking it apart (mentally not physically)
I should sell it really... But I can't do it, it's too nice

i know exactly what you mean, i've got my nice modern RM element but just love the feel of my FSR i honestly don't think i will ever part with it (unless of course i break it >_< )

thanks to Jamabikes i am now the owner of a Raceface Deus Headset
it makes sense for it to go somewhere canadian so onto the rockymountain it goes
the hope has gone back to the Specialized non-build
i think it looks quite happy here :)
DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

Back