Rattlecan Paint Extravaganza - Judged @ Summer Solstice Meet

kaiser":cmselhcv said:
Nobody diggin ecks Coyote? Great frame and a great canvas! though someone would have gave the hardcore hardtail a go!

aye x2 :LOL: solid wee thing for peanuts , just needs paint ;)

will trade for why ?

Is there a deadline I hear someone ask !

Obviously someone cant be bothered to read right through the thread :roll:

Deadline is Summer Solstice Meet at Mikee's which is not till June ;)

Loads of time to think about it and do a passable job, or rubbish job if thats your forte, it is mine :LOL:

Davedownhill":bmybotgo said:
Does it have to be 100% paint or can there be "ingredients" added?

Are you going for a "gilbert and george" look with the real ingredients?

gilbert4_243x295.jpg

I dont want any proffessional paint gun type stuff or industrial oven curing, its got to be a levelish playing field using technology available to all thus the idea of rattle cans. Beyond that you can do what you like so straight paint is not the absolute only thing you can do. Remember of course you might drive yourself banana's if you cover the entire frame in individually placed sequins :LOL:

This is tricky as I don't have an artistic bone in my body. Geometric shapes is the best I can hope for. Why does spray painting always look so easy on car and motorbike custom programmes on the telly?

HA HA, Tazio has been lured back into the idea :LOL:

Remember there is even a prize for 'Explosion in a Paint Shop', you can go arty or you can go completely random, its just for a laugh :D

Go on, you know you want to ;)

velomaniac":sqt676x9 said:
I dont want any proffessional paint gun type stuff or industrial oven curing, its got to be a levelish playing field using technology available to all thus the idea of rattle cans. Beyond that you can do what you like so straight paint is not the absolute only thing you can do. Remember of course you might drive yourself banana's if you cover the entire frame in individually placed sequins :LOL:

I won't be using pro paint guns but can I use my airbrush and compressor? Not used it since I painted the decals on my chromed rockhopper back in 92 so it's not like I won't be rusty. The airbrushes I have are good but both are pre 90's so they are retro too. Most people that do modelling have one kicking about.

Was also going to use some sharpie markers.

OK but it must be air dried, no ovens.

NEW RULE, THE ONE AND ONLY RULE THAT SURPASSES ALL OTHER RULES PREVIOUSLY STATED BY ME, THE COMPETITION ORGANISER AND THUS THE ALL POWERFUL :LOL:
: ALL PAINT OR OTHER APPLICATIONS MUST BE AIR DRIED/CURED, NO OVENS

Back