Whatever happened to.....??

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sifting thru old mags at home got me thinking about what happened to some of the names from way back when. Bear in mind that I dropped out of MTB's and reading bike mags etc for many years and lost track of whats what in the MTB world.... :oops:

Whatever happened to.....??

John Tomac, Julie Furtado, Ned Overend, Greg Herbold, Missy Giove, Hans Rey, Jason Mccroy, Nicholas Vouilloz, Steve Peat, Tim Gould, David Baker, Shawn Palmer......

Isn't Steve Peat a champion downhiller still ?? Didn't something unfortunate happen to Tim Gould ? Remember catching the tail end of something on STW ..... :?:

Tim Gould is a postie.
Dave Baker retired due to a heart condition (if i remember correctly)
John Tomac - retired in 2000 after winning Kamikaze again :cool: Now has a bike co and i NEED one!
Ned Overend - still racing and whipping Ameybrook's asse on training rides! :LOL:

Tim Gould is the fastest postie in the world, Dave Baker ( team GT ) had a heart disease ( same one that killed my mate when he was 18 ) and had to retire to a fabulous cafe he now runs and Hans Rey is still going strong.

Hans Rey does endurance races now - quite a change from bunny hopping Triumphs!

As does Tinker (who didn't bunny hop many Triumphs as I recall)

neilll":9969g20g said:
John Tomac, Julie Furtado, Ned Overend, Greg Herbold, Missy Giove, Hans Rey, Jason Mccroy, Nicholas Vouilloz, Steve Peat, Tim Gould, David Baker, Shawn Palmer......

Tomac - lives in Cortez, CO (an hour west of Durango) recently re-started Tomac bikes after American Bicycle Co. ran it into the ground.

Julie - Lives in Santa Cruz, CA, works a job, rides for fun after being diagnosed with Lupus and retiring in 1997. Still fast as sh*t.

Herbold - Lives outside of Durango, CO, works for SRAM in product development. Races RC cars.

Giove - no idea.

Hans Rey - Still works for GT in product development.

Vouillouz - retired 04? winningest male downhiller ever.

Palmer - retired from MTB racing 2000? downward spiral left him a drunk. Recently picked himself up to get into boardercross for 06 Olympics, but missed out by a hair in qualifying.

Whatever DID happen to Missy??

She looked cool on a bike...........scary, but cool. :cool:

Missy.jpg

Latest posts

Back