Retrobike National Event Series: Cannock 12-02-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to be there.

Never been before. What is the riding like? Hilly, flat, both?

What do the conditions tend to be like? Claggy mud, sandy, other?

Are there facilities on site?

letmetalktomark":4wbh67of said:
Hoping to be there.

Details of the venue are here but in summary there is a Visitors Centre with loos and a cafe plus a bike shop. http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... restCentre

Terrain isn't hilly - it's rideable ss - but there are some ups and dows.

Mainly sandy but with some muddy sections (which with the weather we've been having may mean quite a few soggy bits. But might not).

ededwards":ym6rqfmh said:
letmetalktomark":ym6rqfmh said:
Hoping to be there.

Details of the venue are here but in summary there is a Visitors Centre with loos and a cafe plus a bike shop. http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... restCentre

Terrain isn't hilly - it's rideable ss - but there are some ups and dows.

Mainly sandy but with some muddy sections (which with the weather we've been having may mean quite a few soggy bits. But might not).

Cheers Ed.

Might bring my modern steed to this meet :oops:

To save the paparazzi from wasting a journey to Cannock - this particular brand of royalty won't be present at the Fauz Twizzler... citing recovery from bronchitis, m'ludd.

Enjoy the grot....

The Rudock - cough -

I'm coming up, and will be bringing Uncle Monty along to. The "command module" may also come along for a ride around the easier trails.

I reminded the gaffer at work today :LOL:

He'd not looked in the diary and was a little put out as the other mechanic is off to Amsterdam on a stag do!

A few weeks ago there were only 2 staff in the shop on a Saturday and that was fine (the gaffer was in London), but with both the other mechanic and myself being off the same weekend it means the gaffer can't just sit in his office all day, he's gonna have to do some work and help the other mechanic out :LOL:

Anyhoo, if you can't be bothered reading all that, the basics of it all is that I'm coming to Cannock :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back