Manitou 4 way swinger, swap for air shock

jskdog

Senior Retro Guru
Iv got a 4 way swinger in good condition I bought off hear for my patriot project but decided to upgrade my marin. Im looking for an air shock any make considered needs to be 170mm eye to eye.

Its 210 eye to eye, i made and adjustable shock shuttle for it but decided to upgrade my quake first and then do the patriot. too many projects!

doubt its 210 i2i bud....unless its custom made.....it'll either be a 200x50 or the next size up is 215x60something.
With the shock on the bike...measure exactly from the centre to centre of the shock bolts. I'd be interested to see the shuttle thing you've made...as the 190x50 shock is pretty snug in the patriot as it is

patriot with the adjustable shock carriage can take either 190, or 215mm.
I've got a 190mm rp23 for sale. sorry, not after any swaps.

scant":1tk76wk3 said:
patriot with the adjustable shock carriage can take either 190, or 215mm.
I've got a 190mm rp23 for sale. sorry, not after any swaps.

Scant...you are thinking of the newer 2005+ patriots.....anything before then had 190mm shocks on...the op has a 14" 2000/1 frame from what i remember....unless ive got my wires crossed :?

My mistake it is 215 i2i, I bought the shock off hear and never got finished the patriot so it is untested by me but looks ok.

My patriot was a salvage job from ebay, cracked frame, missing break tab and someone had welded a terrible plate on it to mount the shock. Iv tried to bring it back to life but need to get my marin quake up to scratch first. This is one of my threads on it.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129230

Attachments

• pat.jpg
    pat.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,070
Back