UK recession...

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
What are your thoughts on the looming recession.

All we talk about here in the office is this so called 'big hit' the country is going to take...

Any economists on here who would like to put my mind at ease?

It sucks, i work in Sales and we are going for growth when every one else is downsizing, nothing like putting your reputation on the line (along with my neck)

better adapt your digestive system to be able to extract nutrients from anodised bike parts Jez.

I've converted mine ready.

:shock:

I'm stockin' up for the Breakdown In Society which will Inevitably follow, when bikes will be the only form of transport..........kind of like 'The Postman', only without Kevin Costner (ie, not sh*te...........).

No. I think that the high level of consumer debt and worries about the housing market will see a slow down in the retail sector, but on the whole the economy isn't in too bad shape. It's not all roses, but its not gone to shit yet.

A key indicator of how well we're doing, manufacturing output, has actually risen for four months on the trot, and is at a higher level than this time last year. Since mid 2005 in fact, the overall trend has been an increase in output. There is increased pessimism though due to the strong pound hitting exporters hard and also fuel prices being at an all time high are cutting into businesses bottom line.

New car sales, it was reported this week, have risen by nearly 5%, surely a sign of confidence by both normal consumers and businesses who wouldn't be replacing company cars if there wasn't the money around or pretty good forecasts.

House prices continue to rise as well, albeit at a much reduced rate, just 1%.

I'm not sure that we're going to see a full blown recession, more a tightening of belts.

I do think though, that with petrol now at an average of £1 per litre, now is a great time to own a bike shop :)

Can't see a bang. Maybe a little pop. I wish house prices in the london area would go f**king atomic bang then i could buy. And be part of the property owning classes again. Or some body start building council properties again. Then a W.A.S.P like me could get a council flat. But at the mo it's all the groups in socity that i can't stand that get a look in. Still that's their problem. Would want too be them for all the tea in China.

What recession? I work in sales supplying the motor industry and we certainly must be bucking the trend. Record sales figures :shock: :shock: :shock: , record bonuses :D :D :D means the more bikes I can buy :D :D :D

We are lucky suppling the market with something every car needs many times during it's lifetime, any guesses what it is? Plus they are a distress purchase, so when you need it you cannot buy anything appart from this type of product.

tintin40":3pkdu8t7 said:
I wish house prices in the london area would go f**king atomic bang

The only areas the prices may go down would be the areas (London)where the prices are over-inflated to start with.

Back