Funk Me...The Project :-) Neill's Project No.1

neilll":ezj3ewxs said:
scant":ezj3ewxs said:
just curious, where did you get the frame from dude?

I was waiting for you to pop up ;)

I take it your are referring to this???: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1054&highlight=funk

It came from Newsboy in Switzerland and as far as I know he has had it for at least a couple of years.

Whats the serial on your buddy's stolen ride?

ah you got it from ashok :D ... I doubt carlo even knows the frame number,.. never mind me! :LOL:

Rasta

rasta stuff would look cool on this mate :D If you waited and waited and waited a bit you may stumble across some FUNK forks on the Bay ;)
They were pretty grim to ride but would look awesome...Oh candy green parts?

Not into rasta personally, although it looks way cool on stuff like Jez's Salsa.

The shortlist is:

Red or Blue or Orange or maybe green......i'm swaying between red and blue at this monent it time, decisions need to be made though cos I gotta start buying bits.....:twisted:

Not gonna bother with Funk Big Fork....it would shake all my teeth out I reckon and it'd look way better with some Mani 1's on it

funk

What size is the headtube? Is it 1-1/4inches? If if is and you need a stem I have a Manitou stem 120mm long. Might look good on that frame.

Attachments

• manitoustem.jpg
    manitoustem.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,924
Colours

Blue alays looks awful on silver frames, really insipid! Purple of the darker shades or Black look far better. Same with Red, the pinky red looks awful, but dark red looks a lot better! Black takes some beating and a lot easier to source!

FUNK

That frame looks just like mine! I stripped the original green paint off and polished the tubes-my bike has an early MAG21 fork and all the parts are silver or black.

Back