My '94 Bonty OR - updated 02/06/14

Love your bike in the origonal state but the new version is cool too.

Your brake adaptors are inspired!
Hats off to you!

I never knew you could buy the ones on CRC :)

Brilliant!! What a great bike, love how it's been adapted to your needs and the details you have on the bike work so well together, a very well thought out machine.
Those adaptor brackets on the V's are bloody excellent! I love it when people get creative to solve a problem :cool:

head909":2ufuf12t said:
Love the look of the new bike. got me thinking about a commuter

I recently took it out on the road (its only ever been used on indoor rollers) and its a sweet road ride.
I'll post up updated pictures soon as a few details have changed (even more roadiness) :D

'FLAMESUIT ON'
;)

Hello.
Ok not many of you will not like what I'm about to show you, sorry about that. :D
However I love the direction my Bonty is taking, and I'm actually riding it more than I've ever ridden it (except back in its early days when I was a full on MTBer).

Ok I've changed the Chainset for an FSA 52/42 road specific ratio, the forks to proper Look Carbon road forks (thank you Terry), the front brake (because of the forks), trimmed the Airwing bars down as I hated the kick up at the ends, fitted clip on aero bars, fitted Cane Creek 200TT barend brake levers, fitted a Mavic brake adaptor plate and some custom painted Mini V's, and black plastic coated the Dura Ace shifters.

It still needs some bar position adjustment, and when its all locked down I'll trim down the clip on bar ends (nearest my knees). It also NEEDs a TT specific saddle and I intend to ditch the white details and go for some black Aero wheels, and possibly black bar tape. :)

I would say 'enjoy' but I'm sure many of you won't LOL!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Although I have recently found some photos of when I first bought the frame/built the bike back in '94. So I'll add those to the beginning of this thread when I finally get around to scanning them in. :)

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

...and yes it f##king FLYS! :D

Just stumbled across this and I think it's great what you've done over time. I do, however, think it was best as the modernised mtb.
Love the break adapters too though :LOL:

Out of interest, what are the 16 spoke wheels it had on it?

Cheers Titch. :D
Yeah I know its not to everyones taste, but since the refit I've ridden the Bonty more than I ever did as an MTB (even in its original 90's guise).
I guess that comes down to me being a roadie now though! ;)

The wheels are Shimano WH M575's. In fact I have a spare disc/V brake set that I'm looking to sell.

Back