New project. 1992 Orange Aluminium 'O'.

Nice build mate, well done on finding one.

I bought one new in 92/93 - suntour xc-pro and 986's, bullseye hubs, hyperlites and manitou 3's (I think).

...mine was painted 'matt aluminium' from memory.

I broke the seat stay/seat tube welds - so orange took it back and gave me an aluminium elite (such a cool bike).

anyway, just taking a trip down memory lane - all the best.

PS. I might still have the Elite somewhere...

Well I have owned an O for 21 years.....

And am wondering if I could do the tour de ben nevis on it this year....

Is a classic Orange good enough to run a serious race this year?

Damo

It depends what you expect from it mate but an old Orange should be able to cope with most terrain. I often ride my Clockwork and that's ace.

My advice would be to get some front suss and a set of Magura brakes. ;)

Basically as long as i beat one suspension bike i reckon that'll do. I have Pace RC30s on the front so am thinking RC35s would be an easy upgrade and are in keeping with the bike.

Brakes are deore XT all round (same vintage as the bike) with cool stop blocks on the front and shimano whatevers on the back. Thats plenty of stopping power; anyway death or glory on the descents is what the O is about!!!

Its lost all its stickers, so if anyone knows where i can get a new set i would really appreciate it. Seeing as the ben nevis race is sponsored by orange it would be pretty cool to run it on a mint O.......

RC35's are good for taking the buzz out of the trail. I used mine on the retro ride last weekend and when those running ridged were struggling to hold on down the bumpy bits I was fine. Member justbackdated serviced mine and they're as good as new now.

For decals check in on Gil_M. If he has not got what you're after it would be worth seeing if boy"O"boy can point you in the right direction.

brocklanders023":25374bp5 said:
RC35's are good for taking the buzz out of the trail. I used mine on the retro ride last weekend and when those running ridged were struggling to hold on down the bumpy bits I was fine.

Cheers brocklanders.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pace-RC35-MXC...bikeparts_SR&hash=item27b83670a7#ht_500wt_984 Look good but i am in no rush so might see what else comes up over time, can i swop the legs with the legs on my RC30s with those from the RC35s or do i need to take the whole lot out?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Those are a little bit more modern then the period correct ones for your frame but would work. Not too sure if you can swap the legs straight over with those. Does the crown on your RC30's look the same. I had some RC30's and they had the same crown as my 35's so could be swapped no worries. Justbackdated will be able to answer any Pace question you have. My RC35's look like this.

Thats a sweet looking machine! I would be very very happy with those decals

The crown looks identical. Mind you part of me is thinking the bike ought to run fully rigid old school so I can show kids younger than my bike what a proper mountain bike can do :)

I wish I still had the original orange forks but they tacoed on the biggest crash i ever had. Guy in the bike shop could not believe i snapped some forks........

That Gil chap is awesome, popped him of an email and about 20 seconds later I have a proof (including positions, which is lucky because my memory it turns out is rubbish).

Yippee

I am so excited

:shock: :? :x :p :cool: :cool: :p

Back