The 4 Man SE Mountain Mayhem 2011 Team

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm up for this, and I've tried to enlist ruttegercarruthers (did I spell that right?) I'd like to make a team of four and be semi-competative. Any takers?

SP

Hi
Im keen but im new to retro biking and 24hr races though so id better ask a couple of questions first.
Is my bike retro enough? 92 Pine mountain with pro class 2,s but new wheels, brakes and shifters. I hope that doesnt offend to many poeple :) .

Whats "semi competitive"? Having not done a 24hr before (or even raced since 93) what sort of lap times and how many are we talking about? I dont want to hold anyone up.

A '92 Pine Mountain will be more than fine - get some pictures up on the readers bikes section.

The bike fits the bill, unless it is covered in modern 'shadow' Shimano stuff, in which case you'll have to race the graveyard shift - 2am-4am!

By competitive I mean serious about lap times and giving it your all. Previously I've been part of teams where apathy runs rife after a few hours. Having just coughed up an entry fee, food, fuel and a day off work, pottering around the course really gets my goat! When all riders are committed, you have a record of lap times, change-over times and are organised then racing is really fun (for me). Badly prepared bikes also annoy me, I've had to blow tyes up for others ON THE START LINE! :x

'Semi-competitive' means that you are realistic about the bikes, i.e. I'm not asking for all folk to have an ultra-light titanium XTR equipped race steed. After all I'll be riding this old shonker http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
so I know I won't be on the podium, but I will be riding it as fast as possible!

This may seem a bit OTT but it is a lot of money and a long way to travel, so I'd like to be with like-minded people. :oops:

SP

Count me in then.

Im not one for messing around either. Im fairly competitive so if im doing it ill be there to compete. I cant guarentee "fast" lap times but it wont be for the lack of trying. As for bike prep i can be quite OCD about that. Checking bolts, gears and the like but thats all part of it for me. Tinkering with bikes.

I will get my bike into reader mtb once ive sussed out how to upload pics

OK, the SE Team will be:

SP
JR (SP's mate and soon to be RetroBiker)
ruttegercarruthers
Smokes

We have a 1990 Kona Fire Mountain, 1997 Kona Explosif, 1992 Pine Mountain and a 199? Specialized Stumpjumper.

Nice one SP

Not that long now really. We still need to sort out a ride. It'll be good to meet up. I still dont know how these events work so it'll be good to talk tactics.
Ive got to work this weekend but will be free the following Sunday.
The Sunday after is the Arundal loop which im doing. Im going in my van so have room for two more if you can get to guildford. Theres quite a few going by the look of it.

Smokes

Back