Funk Me...The Project :-) Neill's Project No.1

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Official unveiling of my 1st Newbie-ass Retro Project :D

Been a member less than a month - came here looking for pictures, left with a severe case of Retro-itis and somehow managed to part with some folding green on something to fondle in the shed over the winter....a 1992 Funk Pro Comp :D

I used to dream about owning one of these back in 1991 and only now can this dream be realised and I can (hopefully with help from you guys) restore this baby to its former self.

I have some strong ideas on where I want to go with this but as always - Please offer suggestions, criticisms and cheap parts :p

Centre BB to top of seatpost is 18"
Centre BB to top of top tube is 16.5"
Top tube is 20.5"

Attachments

• DSCF0749.JPG
    DSCF0749.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 3,774
  • DSCF0755.JPG
    DSCF0755.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,774
  • DSCF0760.JPG
    DSCF0760.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 3,774
  • DSCF0764.JPG
    DSCF0764.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,774
Oh, it'll get ridden alright.... :twisted:

My Pace has always been ridden without any thought to how much it cost to build....bikes are for riding :p

Wot are you lot thinking for colours :?: :?:

Im not a big purple fan (despite buying something VERY purple last week) and initially I was thinking orange ano bits here and there but am leaning more towards blue...

The end look will be very close to this: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16810

It's gotta be Mani 1's and Syncros kit....maybe Graftons/Cooks, Flite seat, 732 group....maybe Speed Controllers, maybe something else....black rims, Porcs (2.1 or 1.95??? Hmmmm)

I contacted Easton a while back and they found in their 'cellar' some original decals they supplied to Daryl Funk when this baby was made (missing from top tube on my frame) and they're mailing them to me for free, as long as I send them a pic of the finished bike for their archives....sweet huh?

I'm rather partial to subtle.

A little bit of gold and black :cool:

Nice frame BTW. It's going to look cool.

Back