More fool me...

lol several peeps seem to have missed the point. Alright, yes it was Halfords. To those that stick up for them due to their lack of knowledge of older parts, fair play. My point was the kid suggesting I buy a whole derailleur for £30+ just so I could use the jocky wheels from it on my old one, "coz they might fit"

That would be like me walking into said Mercedes Showroom, asking for a spare door for said gullwing and the chap trying to sell me a whole SLK on the premise that it's a sporty merc and the door might fit and I could take one off the SLK and fit it to the Gullwing...alright, might have taken that a bit too far in the believability stakes, but you get my drift.

On the sticking up for the men in grey and orange front, a couple of years ago I wanted to upgrade the sound system in an Alfa I had at the time. The guy I dealt with in my local branch was really good, knowledgable and sold me what I needed rather than just going for the biggest sale...two weeks later I crashed the car while listening to Moby Dick at excessive volume :LOL:

Back