WTD Cheep disc brakes full set

THEFALLGUY

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am looking for a cheap brake set for a bike i am building for a friend, needs to be fair condition and functionally sound with hoses long enough for a 20 inch kona.

Cheers :)

Got a full set of Juicy 7s in silver with silver levers. Very good condition and mechanically tuned to perfection by myself (fully rebuilt and bled). Jagwire grey carbon effect hoses. IS adapters on calipers, IS 6 bolt discs, currently with 203mm front and 185mm rear Avid cleansweep rotors, may be able to swap for 185mm front and rear Hayes rotors.
Used on my Large Yeti 575 so hoses plenty long enough.

£95 posted.

There are cheaper brakes but these are my previous personal brakes and I looked after them! I only swapped them because I wanted some gunmetal coloured ones! (and my new ones were poo, I had to totally strip and rebuild them as well!)

Cable discs any good? I've a new of Hayes MX-4's with Hayes levers and cables. Bought off here a few weeks ago off Anolog Kid, now not going to use as things have changed.
His ad:
"Pair of complete Hayes MX-4 mechanical brakes, I bought these as new off ebay before I realised that they wouldn't work with the XTR disks and ended up replacing them before they were fitted. However I think the MX-4 was only available pre-fitted so these have probably come off a bike somewhere. Pads show no signs of use and you'd be hard-pressed to tell they were 'used' as there are only some very minor cosmetic paint marks on the calipers. The levers are all-alloy although the blades are painted rather than polished and the calipers are the usual single-sided type with a screw-adjusted inner pad. Outer cable lengths are 880mm approx for the front brake and 1280mm approx for the rear."

THEFALLGUY":vtw5jbw7 said:
with hoses long enough for a 20 inch kona.

Cheers :)

It's Fate :shock: :shock:

I've got a F&R set of shimano saint's going spare[post mount]that were on my 20" kona hahanna :LOL:
Work brilliantly :cool: suitable for anything you want to do with them.DH XC pottering down the shops.Anything ;)
Fairly good condition cosmetically and excellent condition mechanically.
I had the separate the rear hose as it winds through the frame when taking it off :roll:,so you'll have to bleed it.

£75 Recorded post. I can add a new pair of 160mm 6 bolt rotors for an extra £15
Spare shorter hose for a smaller frame]or you could use it if he's running long travel forks[mine were 440mm/100mm]
Rear hose is brand new cut long for a 21" frame,front is plenty long for 100-140mm+ fork

Best brake offered so far ;)

Full set of Hayes 10th Anniversary carbon with 203 front rotor, 180 rear. Sintered pads and Goodridge hoses. All mounting gear included. Looking fir 75 inc insured post.

xizang":3kc1canb said:
dyna-ti":3kc1canb said:
Best brake offered so far ;)

Yes they are (I used to have Saint's with XTR levers, Goodridge hoses. REALLY nice).
:cool:
I think they were originally designed for DH or freeride :?,i've found them good for everything else and being 2 pot theyre not too heavy

I got a yet another set of mint tech X2's off ebay some weeks back :roll: .So i have to sell the saints to pay for them.
Unfortunate really :( but needs must

Back