GT CARBON LOBO.

Hiya dude glad too hear back from ya and really pleased you have your lady back seriously dude this is your first and only RTS that's soooooooooooo cooooooooooooooool now that is a special kinda love when i read that it really knocked my sox's off.In a silly kinda way i still wish i had my virgin ride feel like i owe her a wealth of experience...... :D and my first ride was a Holdsworth Zagora heavy ass steel bike but i pimped her up and got loads of respect.Got to admit i am really looking forward too seeing your new look rig :D i like the Dart's simple looking fork full of surprise and even though they are not covered in go faster race stickers they kick serious ass on the trail i know as i had the joy of using them once and really enjoyed the ride :LOL: :D :LOL: :D ......Have to be honest i think i may have a bit of trouble getting an STS before christmas so i might get a DHi just too see what the new breed of GT's are able too do i would never buy an i-Drive really do think they are s***e but this is different :twisted: in a naughty kind of way.Hurry up and post those pictures i need a fix Oh and before i forget my God have you seen the new carbon ZASKAR saw it and thought wow the STS is back in a hardtail SERIOUSLY SEXY......... :LOL: :D :LOL: :twisted:.Anyway your RST's my friend want's too know how much travel ? and whats the steerer tube length ? speak too you soon dude the Edster........ ;) :cool:
GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3bdvvrys said:
Hi mate. Well, she's back and looooooking good! ;) She's now wearing RS Dart's on the front, KORE straight bar and X-Lite stubbies. As a treat, I've slipped some new chrome SPuD's on. Haven't ridden her yet, just spent the afternoon polishing her.......Brasso rocks as a polish for alu GT's :cool:
Going to post a readers bike thread on Monday with her, as my camera lead is still plugged into my computer at work.
Funny, this RTS was my first GT......had it 10 years now(!!!). Its never let me down, and I'll never let it go.
The DHi looks a serious bit of kit, I'd be tempted if I still did any sort of serious DH...... Have a look at my old sponsers website, Pauls Cycles in Dereham, Norfolk. He can get in ANY bike you want, and such reasonable prices. Check out the price of his Zaskers :shock:
Thanks for getting someone interested in the RST's, let me know what info you need dude. They are ready to be posted.......

It'll be a couple of weeks before I build up the STS so thought I'd post a few teaser shots to tide you over! Have almost all the parts (not all shown), just need to get a handlebar, cables and a few tools and I'm all set.

It looks pretty ragged at the moment but is structurally fine and should look pretty good after a polish. I have half the BETD bearing kit (a few pivots had seen better days) and will get the other half if I'm happy with it after a test ride.

Attachments

• DSC00091.jpg
    DSC00091.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,352
  • DSC00094.jpg
    DSC00094.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,352
  • DSC00080.jpg
    DSC00080.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,352
  • DSC00085.jpg
    DSC00085.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,352
NICE !!! great too see that beautiful frame i know if i were you i would be so stoked about building it up i bet it is going to be a treat too look at when it's done keep me posted on how it's coming along really looking forward too see it up and running....... :LOL:
ashes_mtb":3n4y68yt said:
It'll be a couple of weeks before I build up the STS so thought I'd post a few teaser shots to tide you over! Have almost all the parts (not all shown), just need to get a handlebar, cables and a few tools and I'm all set.

It looks pretty ragged at the moment but is structurally fine and should look pretty good after a polish. I have half the BETD bearing kit (a few pivots had seen better days) and will get the other half if I'm happy with it after a test ride.

Hows that STS of yours coming on Ash can't wait too see it let us know looking forward too the finished beast :twisted:
ashes_mtb":39wogfti said:

Eddie_The_Head":qbbay014 said:
Hows that STS of yours coming on Ash can't wait too see it let us know looking forward too the finished beast :twisted:

I've installed the headset and forks. Have an issue with the horst link bearings not fitting and they shock is not stiff enough for me. Gonna have to find a spring manufacturer to make me a stiffer spring and maybe a machine shop to sort out the bearing kit.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment - see my full rant in the Retro MTB Chat section... lol

I'll push on with the build over the next couple of weeks (waiting on a couple of parts) - just means it might be a bit longer before I can ride it.

Eddie_The_Head":3caypm66 said:

Hey Eddie,

Things are coming along pretty well with the STS now. Have got the horst link sorted and am getting a new rear spring made (current one is too soft for off road, about 50% sag...).

Was paranoid about using the NOS sticker set and having them wrecked so I bought a 2nd set on Ebay :)

Last components should arrive mid-week, along with a work stand, so should be fully built by the end on next weekend!

Wow dude sounds like it's coming on at warp speed glad its all working out for you now i can't wait too see the end product bet it's gonna look awesome........ :LOL: Wish i was there too help you out and get it done mind you though i think you would spend most of your time wiping up the dribble off your rig as the STS does get me excited... :oops: .Who's making up your new spring dude ? interested to know take care buddy The Edster ;) :cool: .
ashes_mtb":1u1seeyp said:
Eddie_The_Head":1u1seeyp said:

Hey Eddie,

Things are coming along pretty well with the STS now. Have got the horst link sorted and am getting a new rear spring made (current one is too soft for off road, about 50% sag...).

Was paranoid about using the NOS sticker set and having them wrecked so I bought a 2nd set on Ebay :)

Last components should arrive mid-week, along with a work stand, so should be fully built by the end on next weekend!

Yeah maybe but don't think i would wanna live anywhere else than in England kind of patriotic and im not sure about living in a country that has spiders bigger than me :shock: :LOL: but would not mind a lil old holiday out there....... :p
speedplay":upi5hnv9 said:
Eddie_The_Head":upi5hnv9 said:
Wish i was there too help you out and get it done

Sod the sts, bet the weathers a bit warmer in oz than sunny uk!!!

Back