pitlochry aftermath thread (write up added now)

Pitlochry has had its second casualty after Eck's bottom bracket. My good walking shoes I've had for 10 years have got a gaping hole in the side.

Always a sad day when you lose a bit of kit you've spent a lot of good times with.

pics will be available on saturday.

first off - to put story straight

zaskar and genesis that was on rack, anthem left at gazmacs for servicing.
acdc (shoot to thrill) on stereo.
phone wife to say not be long then hears grinding noise.
looks in mirror still see's bike silhouete through grime and rain so all good.
pulled in at mikees work thinking must be sumthin under car.
only to find genesis on its arse with a neat 410mm width assymetric carbon bar neatly shaved to a fine point and a retro looking brake cylinder (still smouldering) with no lever.

other damage, arse area of seat worn down to seat post, gold hope seat clamp missing lever and me new cheapo led light atomised off bars.

cue the simon mayo confessions theme tune...

its one of those situations where you either cry or laugh. So i basically stood and swore my face off for 10mins then started pmsl. phoned gazzmac to try to shift some blame on to him.

funniest bit is the wee roundabout into mikees work is quite tight and i must've nearly took out a pedestrian wi the tail swing from the genesis.

luckily i had wheels strapped in and security bike chain or the bike might have been strewn across the carriageway of the A92!!!

still some late night CRC therapy has cured my ails and gives sumthin to do this sat.

sorry missed meeting you guys, but at next meet i will have a neat easton monkeylite xc 410mm assymetric bar goin for £15 posted (paypal gift preferred). Great for all you one handed cyclists.

cheers

keith (aka shed).

hahahahahahahahahaha.

you coming out on sunday? i promise not to mention it.................aye right

It's the way the bars then brake lever was slowly ground away that is cracking me up totally :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:oops: Sorry,i know its an expensive fix

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

its the image o me towing this feckin bike hanging of the arse of the motor for about 5 miles along dual carraigeway that cracks me up everytime i think about it lol.

Years ago I used to race 100cc karts and I had built a double deck trailer, for 2 karts, with open-topped box on front for tyres and wheels. Been up at one of the tracks at Golspie or Banff, on way home after going up long hill realised the guy I was with, was no longer behind me. After waiting for a while he didn't appear so turned round traffic island to head back to look for him. Caught the inside wheel of trailer on kerb of island and it tipped the trailer nearly over onto it's side. Far enough that several of the tyres fell out and started to roll down hill. By the time I'd straightened everything up, one of the tyres had gathered speed with me running down the road like an idiot chasing it, just in time for my mate to turn up to see it.
Took a while before he stopped telling everybody about it. :roll:

Found: 1 list of bike weights!
From lightest to heaviest

Kaiser cannondale 17.89
Mikee Zaskar 19.29
ZZ FAT 19.48
Rado Xizang 21.79
Gazz Saracen 21.89
Old Coyote pedaller Coyote 22.91
Dyna Ti Mystery Ti 23.08
Tazio Klein 23.31
TK Xizang 24.28