2008 Scott Spark, with purple bits!!

scottrider

Devout Dirtbag
This is my 2008 Scott spark, got it new and have added a few bits and changed its look somewhat.This is a little diffrent from the usual weight weenie set up, its about 26lb, but god does it ride fast, super wide bars really make it handle really well, gone for some purple to give it a bit of a retro feel, would like to know what people think, good or bad...

CIMG2889.jpg

CIMG2898.jpg

CIMG2897.jpg

CIMG2895.jpg

CIMG2886.jpg

CIMG2885.jpg

CIMG2883.jpg

cchris2lou":246kgl61 said:
change the grips and saddle and it will be great .
This^^^

Why the XM719 wheelset? it's a bit overkill for a Spark (in my opinion), you could use a much lighter wheelset that will be more in keeping with the type of bike the Spark is.

Apart from that it looks a bit different and stands out from the crowd, so an overall thumbs up for me, but that saddle & the grips do have to go ;)

Andy B":2ue938wl said:
cchris2lou":2ue938wl said:
Why the XM719 wheelset? it's a bit overkill for a Spark (in my opinion), you could use a much lighter wheelset that will be more in keeping with the type of bike the Spark is.

In my experience super light rims last about 3 rides..lol..they are quite light though, a few grams lighter than the ones that came with it any way, im trying to make a light bike that can do any thing so i have gone for stronger rather than lighetr in some areas, i changed the rear shock from the lump of worthless junk it came with, it just transforms the spark, makes it in to a really trail bike rather than a pure XC bike, i personal think the spark is far more versatile than a lot of people realise..:)

Fairdo's

I'd have gone for Mavic XC717 though, a well built pair should last ages.

Each to their own, you know what terrain you ride and how you ride & if the beefier XM719's work for you then job's a good'un

its all rocks hear!!! (Edale area) its under 26lb so it ant exactly heavy...but what colour grips should i get, (black is not an option!)?? Ideas pleas people! i also have a purple chain ring but i need to get some spacers so i can fit it:)
I also have been thinking about painting the fork yellow and making it look like a old Judy Sl, any one else think it would make it look cool i would be interested to hear what people think, pleas say what you think...i really dont mind!
P.S i know the saddle is horrible and will be replace when funds allow!

Back