MOTOR CHAT

big.eck":3dpcb4h9 said:
jimihendrix":3dpcb4h9 said:
As mentioned the ride height as it is in the pics the Track control arms are nearly level with the ground (ideal angle), if it's lowered more the TCA's would start to point upwards, not good for handling, some cars do get lowered to this extreme but they will drive/handle terrible.

or as my mate found out on his 4x4 cossie , lower it any more than 25mm upfront and the driveshafts will pop :eek: and to add to insult they make some lovely holes in the sump on the way back in :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Heard of a pearl white Saphire cossie years ago that was lowered to hell and rode so hard that it kinked the roof skin just driving over pot holes :LOL:

Gets silly with the VW crowd too, cutting holes in the inner wings so the drive shafts will clear :roll:

yeah my sister wanted to have her jetta touching the ground , think i have a pic of it at it's lowest :LOL:

fanjetta1.jpg

fanjetta.jpg

and with some random guy at the falkirk wheel :LOL:

fanjetta2.jpg

Nice :cool:

This was my Polo at it's lowest, was down about 60mm (i think ?) with coilovers on the rear and springs on the front, looked good but i could'nt live with it, after a few weeks of trying to dodge pot holes and drains i swapped in some 40mm springs and sold the coilovers :roll:

newwheels002.jpg

aye the potholes round here are murder , she had spax coilovers and burst the front 2 within a month so sent them back for some new replacement ones :cool: i fitted the arches and rolled the arches , must of been down a good 100mm+ :shock:

she was nuts selling it , i put some hours into it :roll:

so whats the plans for the polo ? you gona fit plastic arches or trim the lips you just pulled out or just keep as ?

Just going to keep it as it is, arches are not too bad as they are, wheels will go back on when the weather improves.

I'm obvously not a car junkie so excuse this question.
Whats the point of lowering cars :?
I understand with sports cars as its all aerodynamics and down forces but whats the point with hatchbacks, saloons etc
You'll tell me it looks cool but your also telling me its bloody stupid and results in damage.
Sell me the idea because frankly I dont get it :roll:

It lowers the centre of gravity and combined with stiffer suspension help minimise body roll = faster round corners basically.

And it looks as cool as feck :cool:

Back