Coolwall Jan 2011 - Shimano MTB groupsets

Coolwall Jan 2011 - Shimano MTB groupsets

• Cool

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
al":383zb1yd said:
With all that has been said about how cool (yawn) Shimano groupsets are,it's odd to see the result of this poll then!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134757

al. :?

It also has to do with the fact that XT is way cooler than XTR, which is for people with too much money. And people with too much money aren't cool.

I would much rather see a full Shimano groupset than a hodgepodge of Shimano and stuff that the OEM has found to save money. (Mid-90s konas ("Curve?") and Marins ("White Industries") for example.) Seeing a full LX or above groupset on a bike later than 94 means that the bike was probably hand built and as such is an indicator of quality.

legrandefromage":2szbw2zn said:
are you reading the right poll? The one with a UK built frame and votes for UK parts?

And of course, the rules of Pace, which should be taught in primary schools.

dbmtb":3lyp8sfe said:
It also has to do with the fact that XT is way cooler than XTR, which is for people with too much money. And people with too much money aren't cool.
Now you've done it! I'll bet Miles Davis wasn't short of a bob or two...

:roll:

al":2qiij4gq said:
So why would people override Cool Shimano in such numbers for individuality?

al. :LOL:

read this thread from the beginning again, then read the thread you linked

XT plus some shiny bits for "individuality"(notice its a poll)

al":1612wkfb said:
Now this has gone propper daft!!

Shimano could be considered as the most cool company.

Why not? If you can't find something in the Shimano catalog from the past 30 years that gets your knickers in a twist, then you just don't dig on bikes. Go buy yourself a purple Paul derailleur and sit in the corner and think on exactly when it was your life took such a turn for the worst. :p
al":1612wkfb said:
Are you drunk?

Not yet.

Silver. Pinstripes. Short cage. Fully functional on a modern bike with no excuses necessary. One of the top 5 coolest parts ever made, I'd say. The WTB Phoenix of derailleurs. :cool:

The picture of cool.

Attachments

• Deore.JPG
    Deore.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 737
utahdog2003":26zl7ren said:
al":26zl7ren said:
Now this has gone propper daft!!

Shimano could be considered as the most cool company.

Why not? If you can't find something in the Shimano catalog from the past 30 years that gets your knickers in a twist, then you just don't dig on bikes. Go buy yourself a purple Paul derailleur and sit in the corner and think on exactly when it was your life took such a turn for the worst. :p
al":26zl7ren said:
Are you drunk?

Not yet.

I don't buy shimano because I'm not one for (see the reasons in my first post) and they aren't cool.

I also choose not to buy Shimano out of principle.

I am against blood sports, so funding a company that makes tools for maiming and killing fish just doesn't pump my nads!

al.

Back