Paris Galibier rebuild.

Thats a work of art, the bilaminations are incredible. Superb ! Not quite period brakes but the overall look is still stunning. Well done.

Are the brazed-on bottle cage from a later date attached? Because that did not excist in those years.

Yes indeed the frame has been altered over its long life.All changers carried out by original owner.Bottle bosses, braze ons for down tube shifters and a rear gear hanger.I decided to keep these after fellow cyclist Dave Orford gave me the frame .This bike evolved with Dave who had owned it from new .he had covered 1.000's of miles on it.including touring in France.
I have now changed the brakes to early Mafac centre pulls.The wheels maybe swapped for 27x1 1/4.Tubs are fitted at the moment. A cyclo rear mech might be more period but I am limited to braze on changers although a handle bar end lever would work fine.
I will post more links as the project continues.

Lovely condition, never knew Dave had one of those. Have you ridden it yet to try out the 'ride'? I believe it seems a bit different to a conventional frame.

Back