• bushpig's 1988 Cunningham Racer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • garethl's Pinarello

• hollister's Bontrager

• Total voters
GoldenEraMTB":1f63vycj said:
It's not a new year's celebration. Only need to lock it once, see #38 in the below link:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/newyear.html

Not quite sure what you're suggesting - lock it at midnight in American Samoa- Pago Pago, Niue (Alofi), Midway Islands, Jarvis Isl., Kingman Reef, Palmyra Atoll rather than midnight UK time?

I don't really see that as more logical for a .co.uk site :? Plus we wouldn't get the results over breakfast then! :LOL:

Still doesn't answer why anyone who is a regular on the site is voting at the last minute when they have had a month.

BTW I'm putting these points not in my capacity as a Mod, but as a curious onlooker.

reminder of the rules, 2, 4 and 13 stand out a bit at the moment.

First off BOTM is a bit of fun! Don't get too serious.

1. Please enter your bicycle in the correct BoTM, i.e. no mtbs in rBoTM and vice versa.
2. Keep all comments and criticism constructive, avoid personal attacks.
3. It is strongly suggested all bikes are placed in the reader's bikes section prior to entry into BoTM. In this way a bike can under go a more gentle critique prior to the spotlight and interest of BoTM. More detail and extra pictures can be added here.
4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
5. Don't register 15 extra users to vote for your own bike and for trolling purposes. This will result in a ban from retrobike.
6. Bike must be complete.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. No selling the bike whilst the contest is running if you want to remain in the contest. This goes for entering the bike with the intention of selling.
8. Two pictures per bike only.
9. One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.
10. Judges decision is final.
11. If a bike wins BoTM it cannot be re-entered in any poll by the same owner. If it is sold any re-entry is strictly at the judges discretion.
12. Bikes can only be entered once in a normal month and once in a special month. That is you can enter any bike TWICE (unless it wins in which case it cannot be entered again - see rule 11).
13. Don't take it too seriously
14. Please ensure the frame (and ideally components) is vintage/retro/classic (certain special month excepted).
15. The MTB BoTM winners from April 2010 onwards will be featured in MBR Magazine. The winner will receive a years subscription to the magazine also Cool !

halaburt":1d2zew6p said:
legrandefromage":1d2zew6p said:
bushpig's 1988 Cunningham Racer - good composition, shows all the details, hint of rollercam, good frame detailing - bike let down by Cunningham decal (original or not, it spoils the whole look).

That's incredibly helpful LGF!

I'll start peeling the decals off all my bikes now. Can you advise on the design of new/better ones?... or should I just go decal-less like your Bike of "Quality"?

;)

Excellent idea, we can play the 'Fat or Not?'game with decal less bikes.

elPedro666":flcy59mc said:
GoldenEraMTB":flcy59mc said:
It's not a new year's celebration. Only need to lock it once, see #38 in the below link:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/newyear.html

Not quite sure what you're suggesting - lock it at midnight in American Samoa- Pago Pago, Niue (Alofi), Midway Islands, Jarvis Isl., Kingman Reef, Palmyra Atoll rather than midnight UK time?

I don't really see that as more logical for a .co.uk site :? Plus we wouldn't get the results over breakfast then! :LOL:

Cause the the west coast of the United States is as remote as, say, American Samoa, right? I answered your last post, and you still don't get it? The address of this site happens to be .co.uk due to where it was founded, but something tells me if retrobike.com site was available, it would be that (it might be available but the price might be too steep). Then what would your argument be?

Ha, and Americans are said to be xenophobic (this was a joke; I don't think any of you hates us, well maybe a few).

orange71":1k3y75d7 said:
Still doesn't answer why anyone who is a regular on the site is voting at the last minute when they have had a month.

BTW I'm putting these points not in my capacity as a Mod, but as a curious onlooker.

reminder of the rules, 2, 4 and 13 stand out a bit at the moment.

First off BOTM is a bit of fun! Don't get too serious.

1. Please enter your bicycle in the correct BoTM, i.e. no mtbs in rBoTM and vice versa.
2. Keep all comments and criticism constructive, avoid personal attacks.
3. It is strongly suggested all bikes are placed in the reader's bikes section prior to entry into BoTM. In this way a bike can under go a more gentle critique prior to the spotlight and interest of BoTM. More detail and extra pictures can be added here.
4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
5. Don't register 15 extra users to vote for your own bike and for trolling purposes. This will result in a ban from retrobike.
6. Bike must be complete.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. No selling the bike whilst the contest is running if you want to remain in the contest. This goes for entering the bike with the intention of selling.
8. Two pictures per bike only.
9. One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.
10. Judges decision is final.
11. If a bike wins BoTM it cannot be re-entered in any poll by the same owner. If it is sold any re-entry is strictly at the judges discretion.
12. Bikes can only be entered once in a normal month and once in a special month. That is you can enter any bike TWICE (unless it wins in which case it cannot be entered again - see rule 11).
13. Don't take it too seriously
14. Please ensure the frame (and ideally components) is vintage/retro/classic (certain special month excepted).
15. The MTB BoTM winners from April 2010 onwards will be featured in MBR Magazine. The winner will receive a years subscription to the magazine also Cool !

I've read the rules, a few times. It's not a big deal, and I will gladly take it, so long as I can give it back.

GoldenEraMTB":c622x0st said:
orange71":c622x0st said:
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but why is 8 hours such an issue after 1 month???

It's not. Forget I mentioned it ;)

Really?
And I just typed out a response, what a waste... :roll: :LOL:

Suppose I'd better get back to doing something with one of these unfinished bikes then, I might even enter one of these polls one day, just for fun... ;)

Back