brake noise

hesdownagain":2qasrie7 said:
if i dont get rid of it i will get new pads...

Got access to a blowtorch ? ;) [Do this ONLY hope branded pads :shock: ]
Bit of steel wool and brake cleaner on the rotors will clean any fluid/oil from them.

If it's happening in the dry could it be they are leaking at the seals? ,check the back of the pads for and wetness,look at the piston as it comes out and grabs the rotor.Does it look wet anywhere?

My x2's make a horrendous noise when they're wet/cold/damp :shock: :shock: but applying them a little whilst going downhill gets rid of it as the rotor heats up.
Basically everything cyfa2809 said. ;)

ok dyna-ti. can you explain what you do with the blow torch.. i will change the pads if they are no better to day and then i can try and see if they are leaking thanks for the info..

hesdownagain":28p1nzqh said:
ok dyna-ti. can you explain what you do with the blow torch.

You roast the buggers ;)

Basically it burns off any solvent present in the pad surface.

Or ride down a steep hill with them dragging. When you see a big flash of flame the contaminants have burnt away.

or when you get to the bottom of the hill, in a pile on the floor
then probably the contaminant hasnt burnt off :LOL: :LOL:

Disc brakes seem complicated :shock:
It's all fire and accidents as opposed to gradual slowing and small dead dogs. :LOL:

Sorted the problem.The disc's were the problem. Although to look at they were fine and were both cleaned before fitting also cleaned again trying to find out what was causing the noise. Anyway fitted two new disc's and not a peep. still can't get the reat brake to skid but thats for another day.. :roll:

Back