Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bushpig's 1988 Cunningham Racer

• garethl's Pinarello

• hollister's Bontrager

• Total voters
I bet even the High Commissioner for Fairness in Balkans Elections doesn't witness many plebiscites with this level of intrigue.

Time for a secret ballot methinks.

Dr S":287c4321 said:
kaiser":287c4321 said:
Out of the three top runners the Stumpy surprises me the most, nevermind the Kona vs Ham tussle quite how that spesh got up there is a mystery!

Thats the top three?

:shock: I expected the Cunningham to be a mile ahead. I gather from reading the thread that the Kona was fairing well, and that the 'Cannon Fodder' Specialized had picked up a few- maybe into double figures even, but against such a stellar line up? Really? Greatful of course, but ever so slightly surprised. Very tidy bike and all that, but against this lot?.....

BoTM is such a strange place these days. Goes to show its still wide open for even the most simple of bikes.

Si

I'm with Klaus, and I'm glad you agree, Si, since you felt the same way about the last vote. I don't understand how the stumpjumper made it up there. I would understand it more if it was an 81, tig welded stumpjumper with the nitto bmx type stem, and other period correct parts, but even then I'd still be surprised.
Guess you still have a strong following here on RB ;)

Looks like the explosif grabbed it by 1 vote, on the stroke.

37 to the 'hams 36.

Of the two I'd of voted for the latter, as it happens I went for the Claude Butler :)

Official result

1. Crantinope's Kona Explosif
2. bushpig's 1988 Cunningham Racer
3. Dr S' 1983 Specialized Stumpjumper

Dr S":2mnpd58r said:
Congrats to Crantinope.

Thanks for that Dr S.

After all that, I feel slightly embarrassed about winning. Unfortunately, I can't help the prolific (was my actual bike made in mass produced numbers?) numbers my bike was made in. I bought it in and rode it in the eighties (by selling my "British Gas" shares) and therefore thought I would be OK to enter it into a BoTM Jan 2011 Pre' 90 Special :D
I'm not worried about any flak it took in the run up to vote ending, it was my 1st ever Mountain bike, and i wouldn't swap it for any other bike on any other forum.

bushpig":2mnpd58r said:
Two, just at the last minute votes were case and there was one mod on when the contest was locked. I honestly don't care but it sure looks sleazy. Hey, its supposed to be fun. Nice.
Exactly, imagine the "fun" i'm having, having woken up to the fact I won :?

But seriously, appreciation is afforded to anyone who voted for it, and also had a nice thing to say about it during the thread.

Cheers...Nick

Congrats indeed. The Explosif looks really tidy, nice you've had it from new as well.

John":1ewhoz7u said:
Congrats indeed. The Explosif looks really tidy, nice you've had it from new as well.

Misnomer i'm afraid, original stolen, this to replace :oops: :oops:

Congratulations Crantinope, a well deserved win IMO,

makes me a bit sad to see the bickering tell you the truth, I agree whole heartedly with the man of reason who said the vote is entirely subjective.

I myself voted for the stumpy simply because i liked it and not because i wanna bum love Dr S, no offence meant of course Dr S, it was all about the bike. a lovely clean example that screamed 80's to me and looked pretty ...so there :p

Back