show me your ON ONE

unocogero":8wio43aa said:
Gentlemen, I thought we'd sorted all this out. This is a thread for people who LIKE On Ones, not hate them.

Like AndyR says, we wouldn't be this rude on a group ride or down the pub...and if we were we probably wouldn't be asked again...

Again, i was not responding because i don't like On Ones, I responded to the suggestion there is an element of elitism on RetroBike by a load of 'Two minute wonders' who just use bikes to ride to the shops. I find such broad generalizations rude to say the least, especially to those who make the effort to attend such rides.

Here's the shout you've been waiting for Dr S
I have been riding bikes sine the age of 16, i am now 50, ridden most days, either as commute or for pleasure for vast majority of those 34 years.
Never had more than 3 bikes in the garage, never spent more than a grand on one, ridden all over the place including abroad.
Never been on one of the 50 or 60 rides you have either, never wanted to, to me riding is MY way of getting around, visiting different areas and relaxing, just because i don't join in don't mean i'm less of a cyclist, most of the worlds tourers did it alone, Anne Mustoe, Josie Dew etc etc, but a big slap on the back for you for doing the 50-60 rides.
I fund my cycling by doing two jobs, working a 12 hour day seven days a week, another good reason i've never attended the rides.
Im not unique, just like millions of other hard working people trying to make a living.
Thanks Dr S for making my choice so much easier, i obviously dont fit into your idea of the ideal cyclist.

I don't have any preconceptions on what makes a cyclist, thats why i don't use terms like 'snobs', 'posers' and 'two minute wonders' when refering to the members of this forum.

"Dearest" Dr S

You may not have preconceptions but you're very good at patronization.
But you do make the local rides sound very appealing, i may even consider joining you, after all i dont want to be the only one not doing them.

KenG":17sn65y8 said:
"Dearest" Dr S

You may not have preconceptions but you're very good at patronization.
But you do make the local rides sound very appealing, i may even consider joining you, after all i dont want to be the only one not doing them.

Cool, well make sure i'm the first to buy you a pint at lunchtime. We can then have a heated argument about On Ones, Elitism etc and then tell tales of cycling adventures from days of yore. We would no doubt discover that away from the keyboard we are not too dissimilar.

Happy trails sir.;)

Bloody uppity Yorkshiremen :twisted:

AndyR thats nice, you consistently seem to have very nice original looking bikes :cool:

kaiser":nwnuxx7i said:

AndyR thats nice, you consistently seem to have very nice original looking bikes :cool:

Sod off Hairybaws. I guess you have something to add to this thread today. Come on then, don't be shy, lets see it.

Probably closer to the truth than you'd imagine!
Enjoy your riding, you never know it may happen, but until then i'll continue to sail this ship ( or should that be barge?) alone.
:)

Dr S":3kkvxtn7 said:
kaiser":3kkvxtn7 said:

Sod off Hairybaws. I guess you have something to add to this thread today. Come on then, don't be shy, lets see it.

Nearly but not quite, its a Planet X I'm afraid :D

Back