Retro Ale Wobble, Llanwrtyd Wells, Wales 17th/18th November

It's something I'll have to discuss in depth with john tonight as I've just found out that it's a minimum 3 day rental (maybe have to keep the cost hidden from the wife) does come with a big gas bbq though so maybe it would double up as some kind of "command post" after the ride. I'll let john decide who gets the beds so let the bidding begin:cash, being able to play poker, a stripper girlfriend, beer, deluxe monopoly all good bargaining chips!!

Speak to gtrtsavalanche, please beware he is an estate agent by trade so he will make the motorhome sound a lot better than it is!!

Thanks for offer, looks like all beds taken anyway! I'll be OK in my car.

Just to let you know though, sat night the pub puts on a chicken curry and a stew (that sort of thing anyway) with rice/chips etc for a few quid, then hopefully breakfast is sorted with same aformentioned pub. Also another pub has a hog roast usually too with burgers etc. There's a Spar in town too for essentials for the ride etc.

Creature comforts aren't too far away!

SPESHMIKE":st2bminz said:
please beware he is an estate agent by trade so he will make the motorhome sound a lot better than it is!!

Yep!
It will be a beautiful detached residence with far reaching views...etc etc ;)

Sorry guys, so sorry, but the motor home isn't going to happen I'm affraid. The cost was just too high, we thought we could do it but, given we had to have a 3 night rental and with a £1000 deposit it was just out of reach :cry:

On a brighter note though my RTS is built up again and ready to rock! (I can hear your groans of enthusiasm!)

Right, when are you all arriving? Mike and I are proposing to leave at silly O'clock Saturday morning (5am ish) to be with you 9/10am ish. Whats everyone else doing?

aim to be there for 10am at latest which is when they give the safety talk (which nobody can hear or listens to). Probably best to meet in front of the Neuadd pub (centre of town) after registration. There'll be quite a few people there milling about. I'll be on my brushed steel Axis with AMP forks, should be recognisable. I'll have a fluo yellow jacket on in all likelihood. I'm quite tall, big ears, bald (makes me easy to spot! Except you can't see I'm bald under the helmet!). Can't speak for ededwards' choice of bike or apparel (stopping at his fri night so we'll travel up together in the morning).

Ed: you booked the Volly yet out of interest?

GTRTS&AVALANCHE: Is EddieTheHead coming?

Ed, no Eddie has broken a load of fingers so he isnt making it :(
Ok, we'll aim for the 9.30/45am pub meet.
I'll be on the RTS with a Bell 'The Pump' (remember them!) helmet with Retrobike stickers. Prob be wearing a Pro-Circuit MTB purple/white jacket. Mike will be on his full sus S Works, black Spesh helmet and he is about 6'3" tall! I'll PM you my mobile number.

Back