Holland Retrobike ride 3.01 edition sep 2011 page 3

velomaniac":2x1xzohr said:
I'll be in Holland last week of April and first week of May on route to and from Single Speed Euro Champs in Belgium so I'll at least figure out if another trip across the north Sea is feasible later in year. I'd love to do a retro ride in the Netherlands as the low countries are my favourite area of Europe. I'll keep an eye on this thread ;)

If it fits in with your racing plans, I organise a 300k audax ride from Maastricht on saturday the 30th of april. The route is very scenic, taking you to Bastogne and Huy. No rider did that route untill now on a singelspeed ;).

Will post date end of next week...

@IVO, is there 'la Redoute' in the track... you cant someone let climb that hill on a SS :shock:

Cheers,
Martin

Ivo wrote:
velomaniac wrote:
I'll be in Holland last week of April and first week of May on route to and from Single Speed Euro Champs in Belgium so I'll at least figure out if another trip across the north Sea is feasible later in year. I'd love to do a retro ride in the Netherlands as the low countries are my favourite area of Europe. I'll keep an eye on this thread

If it fits in with your racing plans, I organise a 300k audax ride from Maastricht on saturday the 30th of april. The route is very scenic, taking you to Bastogne and Huy. No rider did that route untill now on a singelspeed .

.......and no rider is going to do that route on a single speed, it'd kill me :LOL:

Martin":2bt5un7h said:
Will post date end of next week...

@IVO, is there 'la Redoute' in the track... you cant someone let climb that hill on a SS :shock:

No Redoute in this one, but you'll climb the Côte de Trassenster from the other side and descend to Remouchamps. I've tried to route it away from the known steep hills and stick to the long laney sections through valleys and highgrounds (long forested section between Bastogne and Rochefort).

@Velomaniac, one rider did my 600, which has the first 100km identical to my 300, on fixed.

Interested. Keep me posted as well. Was planning to visit some friends and family around that time. Now all I have to do is see how I'll manage to get my bike there..... Perhaps a good excuse to put the Alan Cycle cross bike together again.

Hi Martin,

If the date is OK, I will be there! Sunday is normally better for me as the saturdays are full with kids soccer!

Cheers,
Bart

Good thing you posted it here too. I hardly ever look at mountainbike.nl since I joined retrobike!
Great initiative too.

Back