'95 Kona AA

I would imagine that you have a 68mm shell on the bike, as for the axle length, that depends on many things, like the cranks you use and the chainline you wish to acheive. Take out the one you have if that works well and just get a direct replacement is probably the best thing to do though.

Thanks mate,

May have a little problem removing it while it's being used everyday, without something to replace it with. Will have to look at getting the LTS back on the road if i'm to try and remove the Kona's BB. Something for the weekend i think, and try to ignore the creaking for the meantime

Just wanted to say hello from another local Kona guy.

Been great watching the bike come from what some people would call a lost cause, back to life.

Its all about how much effort you want to give, and its come along well.

If you ever fancy a ride with a family of Kona's (Father and both my brothers also own retro Konas too), give us a shout as the Downs has plenty of mud to go around.

Tony

sterns":15narh8l said:
Just wanted to say hello from another local Kona guy.

Been great watching the bike come from what some people would call a lost cause, back to life.

Its all about how much effort you want to give, and its come along well.

If you ever fancy a ride with a family of Kona's (Father and both my brothers also own retro Konas too), give us a shout as the Downs has plenty of mud to go around.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Great to hear from another local, especially a kona-fiend. Thanks for the kind words. It's taken a while and still isn't done yet, plus there's a bit of a transformation to do again before the summer as it might be going on a continental holiday..

Myself, the other half and a friend of mine went out on the Downs on Sunday, and decided we'd wait a while before we did it again. I have never experienced mud like that before!

That arundel loop Scarface is talking about is a fantastic one, but if we come up with any before that, i'll let you know

Max

Back