Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bushpig's 1988 Cunningham Racer

• garethl's Pinarello

• hollister's Bontrager

• Total voters
Out of the three top runners the Stumpy surprises me the most, nevermind the Kona vs Ham tussle quite how that spesh got up there is a mystery!

kaiser":2hse0qqm said:
Out of the three top runners the Stumpy surprises me the most, nevermind the Kona vs Ham tussle quite how that spesh got up there is a mystery!

Thats the top three?

:shock: I expected the Cunningham to be a mile ahead. I gather from reading the thread that the Kona was fairing well, and that the 'Cannon Fodder' Specialized had picked up a few- maybe into double figures even, but against such a stellar line up? Really? Greatful of course, but ever so slightly surprised. Very tidy bike and all that, but against this lot?.....

BoTM is such a strange place these days. Goes to show its still wide open for even the most simple of bikes.

Si

Quieter month all the same, voting has been 270 plus I reckon the last wee while.

Of the top three, then the Stumpy would get my vote. The Kona looks too modern to me and the welds on the Cunningham would drive me to the point of grinding them off and doing them again properly.

That Stumpy is bloody gorgeous imo. I may be slightly swayed by the 86' that I've just started work on though :LOL:

The one that suprises me is that the Ferraroli didn't get a single vote :shock:
I mean, look at it! :cool:

When I seek bikes for a permanent place in my limited living space, these are certainly the key things I think about. Right down to #3 since it appears Haliburt and I have the same taste in bikes.

halaburt":39skrinm said:
For me (in order of importance), it’s:
1.) Is the bike and it’s builder truly special, unique and/or important. Is it “hand-made”? Pretty much all mass-market bikes (meaning, built by the hundreds, thousands or more in large, often Asian factories) are immediately eliminated on this point. My favorites would be those designed and built by a single, known individual or tiny “factory” operation.
2.) Is the bike either well preserved or well restored? Was attention paid to the details? Are exceptions explained or justified?
3.) Personal taste. I don’t care for suspension (front or rear) and I hate anodized parts in any color but silver/clear or black. (Thankfully largely absent in the 1980’s and hence this month’s entries)

I have seen pics of part of Halaburts collection though, and I must admit in comparisson, my bikes are not worthy.

I also confess. my primary hardtail rider is an Orange Kona.

Really tough one for me, another strong month, but Si's MT Tam is such a lovely build I just had to vote.....

VERY VERY close second for me was Katronika's Saracen believe it or not.... it evokes so many memories from my era, and being a skint early teenager, lusting after low-end stuff... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Still looks box fresh

But the efforts Si's put into buffing them cranks up just swung it... :LOL: :LOL:

halaburt":bof86e9k said:
ededwards":bof86e9k said:
Very strong month again...
I’m always surprised when I see this type of comment over and over again as the monthly entries get made and then again as the votes roll in.
It's a strong month for me when, among others, an RC100 and Tim Gould's ex bike only garner 5% of the votes. Between them.

Looks like it's going right down to the wire.

Back