1994 Marin Team Titanium

LoopyJuice

Dirt Disciple
Update on my Marin, finally got around to putting my new forks on this weekend and its looking good :)

Not so long ago:

tyres.jpg

What was in the bottom headset cup:

rust.jpg

Now:

marin.jpg

Sadly I don't have the original ebay pic still but it was pretty unrecognisable from how it is now :)

(it's also a dream to ride now I have forks that move, those manitous may as well have been rigid!)

Is that welsh for top bike! i would stick with some 94 manitous rather than pace, as they look great together. looks to me like its going in the right direction . All the best, Al. ps may have a stem to compliment that pin. Ill have a dig about.

nice looking bike that, would you be intrested in selling the blue brakes off it as uve changed them?

:D

you mean these ones ;)

SP_A0054.jpg

SP_A0055.jpg

They are currently in my possession however they belong to mr loopyjuice, and i know for a fact that he does intend to sell them..... i'll let him take over when he see's this post :)

al":1xnmqm0w said:
Is that welsh for top bike! i would stick with some 94 manitous rather than pace, as they look great together. looks to me like its going in the right direction . All the best, Al. ps may have a stem to compliment that pin. Ill have a dig about.

Thanks! The manitous on there at the moment are pretty well done for and I have a passionate hatred for them but I shall consider it :)

*edit* and after a quick scope of the 'bay and some googling it also seems a lot harder to find retro manitous, it also looks like they had a few problems around '94 with product recalls and other undesirable things, got any suggestions? *edit*

kase1983":1xnmqm0w said:
nice looking bike that, would you be intrested in selling the blue brakes off it as uve changed them?

A keen eye you have there! Yes i'll be selling the brakes at some point, I need to have a word with JeRkY first but i'll make sure you know when I do :)

I was going to get a few more pics today but alas I went down to take some and ended up going for a ride instead! Then it got horrifically muddy and I didn't have time for pics after washing it :)

LoopyJuice said:
al said:
*edit* and after a quick scope of the 'bay and some googling it also seems a lot harder to find retro manitous, it also looks like they had a few problems around '94 with product recalls and other undesirable things, got any suggestions? *edit*

I've got a 1 1/8 uncut NOS mani fork crown to fit those forks if needed.

Your Marin

Oooo that's nice don't really go for Marins much but your's is rather nice.This is my Latest project just have a real thing for GT's...

Attachments

• b129_1.jpg
    b129_1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,940
Good lad!
Nice to see someone else shares my affection for a Titanium Marin.
Keep updating the thread...

Great bike mate.

Im pretty sure its a 1995 frame though with the metal head tube badge like on my original palisades trail.

The 1994 bikes had normal stickers with the Marin wheel logo rather than the metal bear logo like on yours.

Mt fave year in all :cool:

Back