Retrobike National Event Series: Rd 2 Thetford Aftermath

Yep, they are superb camera's, had 2 one for the morning, and one for the afternoon as battery doesn't last much past an hour.

But at under £10 each + memory card they are cheap, and light enough to be held on with Velcro

Last one, afternoon ride vid edit, 16mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoTgIl5unS0

Hope this helps my points :LOL:

The series is non-competitive in terms of riding, but to add to the interest we are putting together a National League Table with big points awarded for:-

-Riding Retro - YES, mainly as built in 94, new bottom bracket the other week but still square taper

-Wearing Retro (RB kit inclusive) - YES, shoes 1993 SPD's, base layer 1991, Toshiba roadie wear ~1989 long sleeved and windproof layers. Shorts Lusso 1992, bib tights - modern, helmet - modern, gloves - modern

-Bike of The Ride

-Skinwall Tyres - front was 1993 megabite, rear was modern panracer

-Sense of Humour - well I'm funny looking anyway :roll:

-Regional Bonus for distance travelled - according to AA - each way
Distance: 205.9 miles (show in km)
Time: 4 hr 4 min

-Photography - pics and vids posted

-Bodging skills - wore out middle ring so used big ring all day :twisted:

Oh no, tis could end up like Monty Pythons Three Yorkshiremen sketch....

94? Retro, my bike was over 200 years old, and i rode wearing nowt but my old mans pit pants! Shoes? Luxury! And as for t'drive down, took us eight days to get there wi nowt more than a handful of cold gravel for sustinance. Our dad would thash us wi his belt when we got home too!

;)

Dr S":37my0oph said:
Oh no, tis could end up like Monty Pythons Three Yorkshiremen sketch....

94? Retro, my bike was over 200 years old, and i rode wearing nowt but my old mans pit pants! Shoes? Luxury! And as for t'drive down, took us eight days to get there wi nowt more than a handful of cold gravel for sustinance. Our dad would thash us wi his belt when we got home too!

;)

I was only allowed to ride rocks, cold harsh rocks at that. Only bicycles we 'ad were pictures that we were allowed a glance at once a year.

You dont know harsh...

When I was growing up we lived in a coal hole .....we ate coal...we washed with coal......we brushed our hair with coal........

We had to gut herrings all day on staurdays by the river side....we had to go to sea at twelve years old and boil shrimps all morning on sunday :p
All so we could earn enough pocket money to buy a crud claw or a cog hog etc...........

I rode 1996/1997 everything full m950xtr,zipps with hope hubs and the only things that were not period were the seat and handlebars :shock:

I am amazed but NOTHING went wrong with my bike all day :shock:

have a knackered r wrist, think it was the plumb buster & no sus & pre knackered wrists. now have 1 of those minging brown splint things like a checkout bird off of tesco. doesn't stand up to manual labour to well.

do i get points for MBC thetford 1990 t shirt? look out for cannock 1990 shirt at, um, oddly, cannock! poobahs & gyro hammerhead granite circa 1991............................

It looks like you dudes had a great day's riding - I've not been to Thetford Forest for over 20 years (and never on a bike).

Cool, anyway :cool:.

You all put me to shame... :oops:

I grew up in Norfolk and my family live in Norwich. My daughter and her boyfriend regularly hoof it round Thetford, and I could have taken her bike up for her too - but I was too damn busy working to get out and enjoy myself!

Think I need to re-evaluate my priorities somewhat...

Back