pitlochry aftermath thread (write up added now)

Christ I'm knackered, possibly more words later. Knee is louping, slept throught most of Top Gear, I think that was a good thing although being woken up by 'Land of Hope and Glory'...

Good to see some new faces, missed some regular ones though. And it seems I've come home with a blue bar that doesn't belong to me...

DSCF1017.JPG

Pre-ride random wandering

DSCF1020.JPG

Stop at Soldier's Leap

DSCF1022.JPG

Above the A9

DSCF1024.JPG

Jamie comes a cropper

DSCF1025.JPG

The lightest alloy bike of the day

DSCF1028.JPG

The lightest steel bike of the day. I know which one I prefer ;)

DSCF1029.JPG

big.eck destroys another BB

DSCF1030.JPG

Pitlochry to the right, or a horrible slog up the fire-road to the best single track of the day?

DSCF1033.JPG

DSCF1034.JPG

DSCF1035.JPG

DSCF1038.JPG

DSCF1040.JPG

Kaiser dreams of boating, if only he had a canoe... Rob, are ye listening?

DSCF1042.JPG

Time for hame...

DSCF1043.JPG

But munchies, beer and blether first

clockworkgazz":32f942jw said:
Brilliant day lads had a blast today and as was said great to see so many new faces and old friends too :cool:

Top marks SS fir travelling so far to join us, well done on the car park dash victory and winning the retro top to ;)

Was that race started as you lot were halfway down? :LOL: :LOL:

So many faces so few names,i dont think i had a clue who half of you were.But nice feeling amongst the crowd old and new :cool:
And im knackered with rather sore legs :D ,Must do this more often.Obviously :oops:

Attachments

• Pitlochry  30th January 2011 Baltic Bawbags 008 (Large).jpg
    Pitlochry 30th January 2011 Baltic Bawbags 008 (Large).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 925
  • Pitlochry  30th January 2011 Baltic Bawbags 004 (Large).jpg
    Pitlochry 30th January 2011 Baltic Bawbags 004 (Large).jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 925
  • Pitlochry  30th January 2011 Baltic Bawbags 001 (Large).jpg
    Pitlochry 30th January 2011 Baltic Bawbags 001 (Large).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 925
I drove out of Pitlochry behind a black Ford Ka with no drivers side rear light! :shock:

And the soldiers leap photo shows me that my bald spot is growing at a frightening rate!

zigzag":2sk9g66y said:
Tazio":2sk9g66y said:
I drove out of Pitlochry behind a black Ford Ka with no drivers side rear light! :shock:
Crap, I changed that just before Christmas as well.

I was so shocked I felt I had to gently overtake you.

A grand day out, sore bloody wrists and hands from all that ali rigidness though.

My high point was keeping up with Rado on one of the climbs, only to be totally toasted on the long one and end up blowing out my arse. I won't make that mistake again.

Brilliant day guys, big thanks to Gaz for sorting out the weigh in, votes and prizes. Great day and so glad we made the climb up to craigower. The views were amazing and the decent was immense, and a little hairy at times.

Nice to see so many new faces, and a few olds ones too.

I called in at the escape route shop, and the guys gave some really good advice, they also have waterproof maps of all the local trails, kept us on track. A visit of the shop is recommended if you are in the area. Would be a fantastic lbs to have.

Davedh, thanks for the suggestion, shame you and velo couldn't make it.

mikee":3uodrinz said:
that ducks on ice pic is absolute class

I think Kaiser got a cracker of two of them attempting a high speed landing on it. To be fair it makes it look like we had an arctic adventure but in actual fact the cold wasn't that bad after the first few minutes.

Back