Questions about carbon Peugeot Teamline 1500

adufresne

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone,

I am in the position to purchase a carbon Peugeot Teamlin 1500 frame and want to ask you if you can tell me more about this frame.

I suspect it is manufactured in 1998 since I have seen a thred on this forum with a catalog of this year featuring this frame (thank you Elev12k).

The things that are bugging me are:
- Its a carbon frame from 1998 - do carbon frames age over the years and so get weaker?
- Does anybody know what type of bottombracket I can use on this frame?
- Does anyone know the maximum pressure when, for example, bolting the seat clamp?

Here some pictures:

peugeotteamline1500.jpg

peugeotteamline1500ii.jpg

Very nice. For the right money I would certainly get it.

On 1 - Personally I think opinions on danger of carbon frames often do not reflect reality. Of course we're still in a learning curve, but I would ride it without any fear.
On 2 - French or British, but would it keep you from buying a frame?
On 3 - I do not know. I have the same clamp on my Vitus CL1 and old Peugeot MTB composite frame. I do not use advanced tool for tightening bolts. Haven't untreaded or broke anything the last decade. Be carefull.

Thanks. And no, a specifiq type of bottom bracket would not keep me from buying a frame, but since I can't see with the naked eye which type of bottom bracket it is, I figured - hell, let's drop the question. In case I would buy the frame this would spare me some work finding out (I am the lazy type).

Elev12k: what do you think is a fair price (in EUR) for this frame? I was thinking about 75-100 EUR?

I would say it does not get weaker

the BB is English (I have one being repainted now )

I would say that type of seatpost clamp is probaly suited more to thicker aluminuim than thinner carbon

Hello Latman,

I know about your restoring project. Last week I tried to mail you the photos on RoadBikeReview to help you out painting it, but got a email faillure. Good to see that you got to see them anyhow.

What is the status of your project? The last photos I saw were of a completely white frame!

adufresne":17bk3xs5 said:
Elev12k: what do you think is a fair price (in EUR) for this frame? I was thinking about 75-100 EUR?

You consider 75-100 EUR fair for that frame? You like it that much? ;)

Maybe the seller does it for the amount. You never know if you don't ask.

Pricing wise I sold my villiger eagle CF monocoque (AKA Vitus ZX-1) for more than double you're offering,you may get a resounding no and risk offending.(I would be :LOL: ) However if you don't ask? :cool:

Well, before I even got to negotiating about a price, the frame got sold to somebody else. I guess I am to blame since I spent too much time researching about the history of this frame. Bad luck, but it was fun to get to know the history of Peugeot racing bikes for a bit.

Back