my new (to me) muddy fox courier comp! update 26/06/11 page3

jonnyboy666":1s4xybxb said:
the parts have started to arrive!! :D but it hasn't even left for the paint shop yet! :( it'll probably be a few weeks before it goes yet.

but here's a pic of what turned up in the post yesterday and today, and there is more on the way! :D

Oh and thanks to LGF for some bars!! :D :D

Looks good! :cool:

Nice to see you had the same ideas with your Courier Comp!

I finished mine this week and will post new pics this weekend! I also went for Suntour XC Comp!

Stick Legs":24ral2xw said:
I think that Microdrive is not period correct for 1990, also with such a long seat tube the MD rings are going to look very small!

Othewise, great bike, nice to see it being saved. Have many fond memories of these from BITD. :cool:

don't worry, i am not one of the super anal catalogue spec type builders, ball park will do! i just wanted to do a Suntour equipped bike for a change and i already had a few bits so went looking for the rest. i chose suntour because muddy fox tended to use it quite alot back then. still got some bits on the way, more hubs/cassettes mainly as i want to have some spares whie i can still get hold of it!!

:D

Awesome project

Great project look forward to seeing it complete

I have no criticism to make on component choices

Probably would have gone completely period myself but your selections look harmonious for sure

Little details like the MF bars will really add to the whole picture

I'm another guy who had one of these BITD and it was utterly superb

Mine was '89 and hand Exage something or other LX on it

Might PM about the pulls from this project actually, I have an old Timberline...

just thought i add an update to this thread,

got a call from Argos, it's at the point when stickers are going on, i know this coz they have asked for pictures to confirm where the new stickers go.

looking forward to getting this on the road!!! all the parts are there!! the wheels are built so it will be a quick build when i get my hands on it!! :D

got a stag weekend in brizzle in early june so i'll pick it up then :D :D

i have just picked this frame up from Argos Cycles in Bristol, i'll try and post a pic tomorrow, i am in a hotel in Dolgellau, North Wales at the moment.

It is truly beautiful now, the guys there did such an amazing job, especially considering they didn't want to spray this colour and i begged them so if this is something they are not happy with then i'll be seeing them again with another project bike that is on the go at the mo.

i will do my best to have this built for mayhem to show in the concourse competition but i only have 2 evenings to get it built between now and leaving for mayhem, then again i suppose i could always finish it at mayhem!!

:D :D i can't wait to show you!! :D :D

jonnyboy666":1yzhq330 said:
i have just picked this frame up from Argos Cycles in Bristol, i'll try and post a pic tomorrow, i am in a hotel in Dolgellau, North Wales at the moment.

It is truly beautiful now, the guys there did such an amazing job, especially considering they didn't want to spray this colour and i begged them so if this is something they are not happy with then i'll be seeing them again with another project bike that is on the go at the mo.

i will do my best to have this built for mayhem to show in the concourse competition but i only have 2 evenings to get it built between now and leaving for mayhem, then again i suppose i could always finish it at mayhem!!

:D :D i can't wait to show you!! :D :D

Bit of a teaser there, on the paint job!

2 evenings? You can do it! Who needs rest??

the issue with the evenings is that both will be after 12hour shifts, then the next day i need to pack the van for mayhem then do a nightshift, then sleep, then go to mayhem! so i think i will struggle but i'll do my best!

also i can't do it over the weekend as i will be in bristol on a stag weekend and then at the bespoked bristol custom frame builder show on sunday afternoon then i have to get home to southampton.

busy busy boy :D

Great to see one of these again, I got one of these for crimbo back in 1990!

Look forward to seeing the finished build :D

so i have finally got round to sorting this out!!

i picked it up 2 1/2 weeks ago! but i was on my way to a stag weekend! when i got home i started building! but then i realised i'd done something silly! i left the stem at Argos!! :facepalm:

so i built as much as possible and used a different stem etc, the correct stem has internal brake cable fitting so i couldn't finish it completely.

i did a few days work and headed straight to mayhem after a nightshift to be greeted by Gravy monster who had kindly picked up the stem from Argos which is just near him.

so the bike was finished at Mountain Mayhem!! :cool:

i took it for a spin around the arena but not around the course and it got loads of looks and compliments aswel as shocked looks on peoples faces!! :D :D

i am so pleased with this, but being honest it probably won't get used that much, this project was more about exercising the demons of a stolen bike when i was at college

the fox has come home :cool:

here's some pics :D

Attachments

• mf1.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,399
  • mf2.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,399
  • mf3.jpg
    mf3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,399