What'll be the next "white Porcs" in say, 15 years

dekerfintheshed

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
In hindsight, I would have hourded a stash of stuff from the late 80's early 90's, white Porcs, Disc Drives etc to make a quick buck today...
What should we (hypothetically speaking) save now for 2020 say ?? Fox Forx for example, what about the FUGLY latest inclination of XTR, can you see yourself looking at in the same way you do M900 OR 950 IN 20 years time ??

I think maybe M950 952 XTR will be looked back on as possibly the last 'pretty' or at least in proportion Shimano groupset.

Classic Fox Floats (matt grey ones)?

08' SID's look nice, maybe them.?

Race Face Turbines in nice powder coated colours?

Avid Ultimate brakes (V)?

717 Ceramics?

Last of the Flites before the new one completely takes over?

It's usually when I get a whiff of either the new model coming in that looks hideous or that the company is ditching the model entirely that i go stockpiling generally. Even new (ish) stuff.

Stockpiled 952 XTR c'sets after owning one of the first 960's for a while.

Doesn't always pay off. Sockpiled 952 shifter pods thinking flippy floppy's were here to stay. Hmm. In hindsight, maybe one of my worse decisions.

Based on the fact that what is worth a lot tends to be not that hot on the performace stakes and also rather expensive (disc drives, boutique chainsets and brakes for example) I am going for anything tres expensive and not highly rated.

Those MTB tubulars.
Any high end V brake.
Carbon MTB anything (you watch the backlash to steel and aluminium!).

pauls / dura ace thumbies.
Ibis mojo carbon.
deore LX gold stuff
those sun camo rims

;)

Stick Legs":o706s587 said:
(you watch the backlash to steel and aluminium!).
the backlash has already begune orange bikes ie p7, on ones's inbread, charge bikes well all charge bikes tange is back with a vengance steel is real :cool: :cool: :cool:

I have just ordered some Conti Speed King World Cup editions. Only 2000 worldwide. Got to be worth collecting for that special build!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 864
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 860
Back