Tonights Project - Diamond Back Apex

jango":y66zzcyt said:
The Apex is the same frame as the Axis (True Temper TT Lite) but with lower spec bits on it....well it had lower spec bits on it originally :LOL:

That explains a lot! I thought it was below the Axis in the range, but couldn't find any old catalogues! :LOL:

Has the Axis/Apex always been the frame? I'm looking for a slightly older one...

They were the same frame from '95 on.
I can't speak of the earlier ones as I only got into mtbing in '95 :oops:

jango":17l7lfre said:
They were the same frame from '95 on.
I can't speak of the earlier ones as I only got into mtbing in '95 :oops:

Bother. I'm looking for a '93/'94 really - typical!

Ziggy":zzzy5w9d said:
jango":zzzy5w9d said:
Bother. I'm looking for a '93/'94 really - typical!

'94 like Orange71's nickel-plated Axis? Then again the Axis and Apex were the same frame.

91-92 they were different - heavier tubeset on Apex.

Possibly... I've always wanted a '93/'94 Axis TT, but if a steel one came along I'd probably go for that. Do you know if '93 is the same then?! :)

Are the paintings signed? I've noticed young 'jango' that you seem to like to have a bit of red on your bikes. The nice ti 'peakes' bike had the sexy 20've anver's red Magura and this tidy little number had a couple of red touches. Is that part of your signature when you build up a bike? Is it a sub-conscience thing?

the red bits are more by accident than design. On this build I think the red saddle will be replaced with a black one and the tyres will be plain amber wall ones when I find something suitable.......watch this space.

Ziggy":3mxh0wkl said:
Possibly... I've always wanted a '93/'94 Axis TT, but if a steel one came along I'd probably go for that. Do you know if '93 is the same then?! :)

sorry - can't rememebr the '93 range. Will check tonight.

One thing for sure - this OCDBRD virus is spreading from Jango!

MadCowKev":17kac14p said:
sorry - can't rememebr the '93 range. Will check tonight.

One thing for sure - this OCDBRD virus is spreading from Jango!

Cheers! You don't have the '93 / '94 catalogues (& a scanner?!) do you? :)

I've had OCDBRD since my first proper mtb (grey & pink Topanga!) - it's just been in remission for a while...

Kev, are you riding this bike on Thursday night? To add to the DB owners list my very first MTB was a Diamondback Outlook which got me hooked and then looking for a better bike fairly quickly. What about an Outlook build? - find the heaviest components you can and fit them to a crap frame.

Back