'90 Yeti Ultimate - The ultimate Ultimate (Update 7/7/11)

@ameybrook: Serial number is U167. The bike isn't finished yet. ;)

@bushpig: Mmmm, that's tasty. Mine won't have much bling factor, though.

@Rod_Saetan: I've never seen that color combo before. Very bright! A nice example, but it's not the "ultimate" Ultimate to me. :)

I guess I should edit the title of this thread to read "My ultimate Ultimate". :roll: ;)

mfh126":2ho4j6dv said:

@Rod_Saetan: I've never seen that color combo before. Very bright! A nice example, but it's not the "ultimate" Ultimate to me. :)

I guess I should edit the title of this thread to read "My ultimate Ultimate". :roll: ;)

nah, man; don't change it. Yours can still be the ultimate Ultimate, as the others have things that might keep them from being ultimate Ultimates, and I'm not being pedantic. ;)

looking forward to the final build.

bushpig":umoj7k83 said:
Here is my old Ultimate - a little bright! I am on the hunt for a small frame.

pp-ulti.jpg

Is that an Ultimate Jeep on the background?

Rod_Saetan":22rzc32l said:
mfh126":22rzc32l said:
I guess I should edit the title of this thread to read "My ultimate Ultimate".

That would stop me being a pedantic asshole yes.
If that's all it takes to get a rise out of you I think I'll keep the title. ;).

GoldenEraMTB":2eqdgv9h said:
mfh126":2eqdgv9h said:

nah, man; don't change it. Yours can still be the ultimate Ultimate, as the others have things that might keep them from being ultimate Ultimates, and I'm not being pedantic. ;)

looking forward to the final build.
Thanks Rob! :D

Some updates. I picked up the stem from the powdercoaters over the weekend. It turned out great (pics after I applied new decals):

Before:
DSC07361.jpg

After:
DSC07400.jpg

DSC07404.jpg

A note for others thinking of powder coating a stem -- make sure the bottom of the stem is masked. I had to sand off the powder coat because I couldn't get the stem to fit in the steerer tube. Lesson learned. :?

I also popped on the wheels and tires. She's coming along beautifully now. :D

DSC07403.jpg

The tires are Tioga, but not Farmer John's. I hope I don't upset the purists, or Rod. :roll: ;)

Latest posts

Back