Cycling glasses - what do you wear?

justbackdated":1t3bkpqj said:
WW2 anti gas goggles-they go over my prescription spex ;)
proper retro!

I wear m-frames. Blue sweep in summer, persimmon in autumn, and clear in winter.
Had a variety of crystal frames, and they tend to fracture in the cold. Solid colours are more durable, but still fragile, as the hinges are so small. Just moved to a "modern" M-frame with a beefie hinge, but the lens isn't held so tight and the arms are longer and catch up in your helmet.

Still using Bolle's from the 90's. Prescription lenses that fit on the nosepiece. Change lenses to suit light. For low light I use yellow lenses.

I use Oakley Radars, Crystal Black with clear lens but there's no way you could call them cheap, have used some glasses made by Odyssey too (the BMX brand), cost £4 NOS from a cycle spares stall at a local car boot sale and they were great, similar in style to Smith Sliders and definately worth keeping an eye out for online :)

Cheers
Stu

I use oakley half jackets with clear lens for early/late journeys to from work, or sunny days oakley half jackets again with blue iridium lenses ;)

I am a self confessed Oakley junkie..got 8 pairs :roll:

Had both pairs for 5 years :D

Ernie ;)

MADJEZ":267a7ugm said:
Anyone had any experience with the glasses with prescription inserts.

A. Are they any good (or do they fog)

B. How much roughly for the prescription bits and anyone recommend
somewhere.

I use Addidas Elevation Climacools. They fog liek any other glasses when I come to a stop but clear pretty quickly when moving. Less stylish but better vision cover than most glasses (I hate glasses where i can see the frame in my field of vision).

They can be used as glasses or, by adding a foam fitting and strap they can be turned into lightweight goggles, which I find usefull too.

got mine from wwwgosportsspex.co.uk some years ago
http://www.gosportsspex.co.uk/AdidasEle ... maCool.asp

Pic shows the foam surround fitted but can be removed.

dirty-dh.jpg

I have some Specialized Chicanes. They have adaptive lenses that change from light to dark or vice versa depending on the light.

Pretty quick at changing too, useful on a sunny day when you move into a shaded wood or something with no need to change lenses.

Back