1997 GT STS 2 FINISHED (AGAIN!!) @ 28.10.12

Great build, looks fantastic. I agree the forks are a great match. Where did you get them? Never seen them before.

I had an STS frame in 1998 that developed a terminal crack in the middle of the downtube despite having very light use for a few months only. It was replaced by the dealership with an STS 1000 DS with no quibbles but I wondered if the STS readership here had any trouble with the frames? I guess the thermoplastic application to frames was new then and wonder if my experience was a one off or a common thing?

nice nice gt sts.
but i think it looks better with silver avid arch supremes and ultimate levers.

Forks came from fleabay and it took about 2 years to find them in that condition. They're just under 1200g with ti bolts. Track like they're on rails and small bump compliance is nothing short of amazing...

You have a simply stunning STS! I wanted one back in '97 and now I want one again!!!!
Well done sir, you have created something rather special. :)

I think the yellow daisys really bring out the frame :D

I do have to stick some nokon cables on it though, the space is fairly
tight in between the fork linkages and the cable is kinking at the moment...

Never thought I'd do it but I'll be selling the STS. I'll take some final pix on the weekend and then I'll split it for parts.

The frame will go with the HS33's attached as I've already done the internal routing. The forks will be sold seperately with the coveted disk mount and manual. Other goodies include caramba sidewinder cranks with cnc machined caramba rings. I haven't decided on any prices yet.

A sad day indeed, but I just like my San Andreas so much and have not ridden the STS more than 10 times since. I think it's feeling unloved...

Back