Dunkers big bad build thread

Tazio":1y21yae5 said:
This was a cosmetic measure, not weightsaving, even Kaiser hasn't gone that far.

Not yet :eek:

I think I've lost another gram or so by brushing off the test ride mud. I've 2 alloy bolts to cut to replace the brake lever steel ones and that is it. Though I did sneak in another wee weenie measure :) Now in the low 17.9's

Dr S":2crpxy4d said:
I failed miserably. Hung it from the scales this morning... 25.11lbs

I think with a change of tyres + tubeless i can lose another 1.2lbs, probably lose another pound on the drivetrain (heavy pedals and Shimano BB need to go)
Shifter question. I'm currently running Mavic Underbar shifters which are not the lightest despite some tuning and drilling. So which are lighter? 7spd XT thumbies or 7 speed XT underbar shifters?

Test rode the bike this morning. Long stem and narrow bars are a joke. Why folk thought that was a good idea bitd i will never know. I need a shorter stem (110ish with some rise) and much wider bar with backsweep.

How period are you wanting to be? Bar end shifters and Pauls mounts are the lightest AFAIK. As for bars you could retrofy a Salsa promoto, 25.4 clamp but the backsweep means you can run that retro stem, I reckon theres a 20mm reduction in stem length. Pretty light too.

Of course you could tune those pauls shifters :eek:

2_2232_Kg8eHfah0j.jpg

mikee":1ii4ji94 said:
i might bring the trimble tomorrow if i get it cabled up

As much as I'd love to see the Trimble I reckon you should bring the weenie build :roll: Ye cannae spend 2 months on it and then no bring it!

i meant as well :roll:

but no gonna get it done anyway ,spent about 2 hours getting the thru frame cables in ,now have the tools and technique to do it

Cables through a frame? Use a hoover to suck oot a piece of string then use that to pull through the cable then use that to slide in the sheath.

Well bike is as ready as it will be - ran out of time so reworked the Xizang instead of building up the KHS.

A few changes -

different bars, levers and grips and no bar ends
Back to the Zoom stem
New tyres (which I'm not too impressed with)
Modern qr's and seat.
And I wiped some of the mud off to make it lighter still

Test ride will be at pitlochry tomorrow :) I didn't even put on my new chain/rings/freewheel - was going to but I thought I still have another month of salty commuting to do.

Back