Dunkers big bad build thread

i have on the older weenie and i might on the newer one ,been going to do it on one or 2 occasions but got distracted with something else
might lop another 15 grams off :LOL:

Sooo latest is 17.97lbs with 2 weight save tricks to pull. Drivetrain is staying until I can get a suitable replacement.

I failed miserably. Hung it from the scales this morning... 25.11lbs

I think with a change of tyres + tubeless i can lose another 1.2lbs, probably lose another pound on the drivetrain (heavy pedals and Shimano BB need to go)
Shifter question. I'm currently running Mavic Underbar shifters which are not the lightest despite some tuning and drilling. So which are lighter? 7spd XT thumbies or 7 speed XT underbar shifters?

Test rode the bike this morning. Long stem and narrow bars are a joke. Why folk thought that was a good idea bitd i will never know. I need a shorter stem (110ish with some rise) and much wider bar with backsweep.

I've just stripped anodising with caustic soda for the first time. Bloody terrifying stuff, I felt like a mad scientist.

This was a cosmetic measure, not weightsaving, even Kaiser hasn't gone that far.

Back