3 Questions (Disc Drive related)

How can you not love this.

blue1.jpg

clear1.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

I used one of mine at the Peaks ride. It was true when I started and after cleaning I realised I'd given it a little wobble.

Baring in mind Ive NEVER tried to true wheels (REALLY, IM THAT LAZY) I actually trued it up pretty well. I then moved over to another one that had an odd dish to it and sorted that one too. Good eh?

(Before I go out again on it can someone give me a heads up as to why I found it easy to true? Is there something Ive missed?)

disc

they are easy to true but that one i got has a rounded nipple just were you have to adjust,just return the little nipple holders on the disc to a flat possition once you`ve adjusted them :idea:

Iwasgoodonce":3u90luux said:
I'm sure I remember an article in MBUK (I think) about some expedition that cycled across Russia using them. They can't be that fragile. (Can they?)
I remember that, they used it as an advert for them for ages after.

I would like to buy a UK one. I just dont trust buying from overseas; shipping and all that.
How much would I have to pay for a whole wheel, built up, 8 speed?

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1y86txge said:
I would like to buy a UK one. I just dont trust buying from overseas; shipping and all that.
How much would I have to pay for a whole wheel, built up, 8 speed?

webbys got a barely used newer 32H pro wheel he probs sell for £400.

I brought one off a mate years ago back in the day when they were a new product. It lasted me 3 weeks before the kevlar strand broke. It was replaced with a Pro afterwards.. that lasted a few cross country races and died in the same manner. BUT after you have tried one I guess they are a bit like having a hit on a crack pipe.. You know it is bad for you, the effect don't last too long before you have to shell lot of cash out for another one, but going back to rehab and riding a normal spoked wheel does not hit the mark.

StevePSD":1lm5x93d said:
BUT after you have tried one I guess they are a bit like having a hit on a crack pipe.. You know it is bad for you, the effect don't last too long before you have to shell lot of cash out for another one, but going back to rehab and riding a normal spoked wheel does not hit the mark.

That sounds about right.

I've got a brand spankin' new 32h T-Disk Pro built up on a NOS M231 CD rim with an older Hugi hub I'm looking forward to riding....it should howl!

I forgot to add -

When/if you build one, make damn sure the bolts securing the disc halves to hub are locktighted to HELL. Every single one of my non-drive side ones fell out after riding it around town. Now I have to completely disassemble it to put new ones back in.

scant":2f7fcmhu said:
webbys got a barely used newer 32H pro wheel he probs sell for £400.

Nice, but Xmas round the corner, a wife to keep sweet and 2 small children.......bit outa my budget :(

If I could find another £77 one though......... ;)

Back