Rocky Mountain Summit

mrkawasaki":36srbydb said:
More dimensions -

Seat tube from top to middle of BB is 17 1/2"

Top tube actual is 22 1/2" following the slope of the tube - effective would be around 23" depending on set up

Head tube is 6"

Rear axle to centre of BB is 16 3/4
Weight is just over 6lbs on the kitchen scales

That's quite odd, its sized up like an 18.5" but with a 17.5" seat tube :roll:

I guess that's where the custom made bit comes in.

Chris":154qihph said:
mrkawasaki":154qihph said:
More dimensions -

Seat tube from top to middle of BB is 17 1/2"

Top tube actual is 22 1/2" following the slope of the tube - effective would be around 23" depending on set up

Head tube is 6"

Rear axle to centre of BB is 16 3/4
Weight is just over 6lbs on the kitchen scales

That's quite odd, its sized up like an 18.5" but with a 17.5" seat tube :roll:

I guess that's where the custom made bit comes in.

23" top tube (effective) is a 20" frame in rocky mountain world, it looks like a 20" RM frame to me as well. (or 19" for a wedge)
But measurements don't lie. Interesting frame :D

Is it just me or does the headtube look a lot shorter in this pic to the one above
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 280d2d9993
Makes the frame look smaller built up :s

So when Rocky Mountain quote a top tube length are they quoting effective and not actual?

Chris":mnhasee6 said:
So when Rocky Mountain quote a top tube length are they quoting effective and not actual?

effective tube length (they had this style drop and the wedge/blizzard/etc.. to cope with)
I can double check though and measure mine up (from that period)
but the 1/2" is about correct for the difference from memory.

Either way CTT was the 'standard frame size' without a doubt.

FluffyChicken":d9rctb29 said:
Is it just me or does the headtube look a lot shorter in this pic to the one above
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 280d2d9993
Makes the frame look smaller built up :s

Every triangle on the frame for sale looks bigger than the built up frame in the link, so id have to say that the link is a smaller frame, hence the shorter head tube.

I love this frame by the way.... starting to convince myself I need a nice old estay in my collection

it is indeed lovely, but i wouldnt know what to do with it or how to build her up tell you the truth, and i like my top tubes a bit more sloping coz im an ignorant pleb :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry:

Charlieboy28":s1ofsd12 said:
it is indeed lovely, but i wouldnt know what to do with it or how to build her up tell you the truth, and i like my top tubes a bit more sloping coz im an ignorant pleb :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry:

Boo, that was my chance to build it vicariously! :( :oops: :oops: :oops: :LOL:

Back