GT RTS 1997 **UPDATE**

OH wow oh yes,yes oh God phwoarrrrrr !!! :oops: Oops sorry.... :LOL: Jon that is looking hot much nicer i think the triple crowns looked nice but this is the bizz it does not look 10 years old timeless.The darts look the muts on it well worth the £££'s you forked out on that the polish job is great :D . It looks great but also another great polish you can use on it is autosol always brings mine up a treat i must admit it is nearly as good as mine now ;) you lucky,lucky boy :p .

Thanks for all the comments guys, its great that a 10 year old bike can get so many nice posts :D
At least now I am able to justify the expenditure :LOL:

If you were wanting to make it more retro, a good set of Judys would be better than Quadras given its a 97 frame.

I reckon the Darts look great on it though!!

Totally agree with that it would be a nice thing to see it totally retro but mind you mine is a mix of old and new.The Quadras were never a great fork as i had them on my RTS-3 and was glad to get rid of them.Judys would be the perfect forks for it but too be honest i think it looks great just the way it is now :D .So what if it's got a new set of darts on they compliment the whole set up and suit the bike perfectly. :LOL: Right now i am going off to cry as it hurt like hell :twisted: trying to type that out with 3 broken fingers :( .Love the bike Jon i really do it looks Awesome mate nice one. :LOL: :eek: :) :D :LOL: .........
ashes_mtb":1aq9aw6m said:
If you were wanting to make it more retro, a good set of Judys would be better than Quadras given its a 97 frame.

I reckon the Darts look great on it though!!

Darts

Just think the front end looks too much like a "jump" bike with all that stanchion showing up front. Jez has a nice grey set of Judys for sale. I actually found the Quadras work very well in taking the sting out of the trail without any wallow.

Yea, agree with all comments on the forks.
I 'spose I could have waited and got a set of 'period' forks, but I'd been wanting to change its set up for a while, so thought 'bugger it' and sent it of to Pauls Cycles for a makeover :D
I did keep the original Quadras for goodness knows how long......and then stupidly sold them for pence to a mates son, who promptly ditched the bike and gave up! :(
Still havent ridden it yet with the Darts, so cant say how she handles with them, but from what Pauls Cycles think, and what Eddie has said from experience, they should compliment the bike well.
We'll see...... ;)

Eddie, stop breaking yourself :LOL:

Re: Darts

Wold Ranger":7jjvebuw said:
Just think the front end looks too much like a "jump" bike with all that stanchion showing up front.

Yea, agree again.
The Darts are actually in the Rock Shox XC range, so shouldn't be too bad.
They may get changed though if they dont perform as I like, and then yes, I'l go period on it.

Yeah i know what a wally lost control of the back end of my dirt bike come off and......... :oops: Well the rest is a painful history word to the wise if i ever offer you a lift run away fast......very fast and by the way thanks for the dribble fest just loving it :LOL: .

Eddie, stop breaking yourself :LOL:[/quote]

Back